References in classic literature ?
He at once found himself in Africa, under the window of the princess, and fell asleep out of sheer weariness.
knew except the scientists, nor is it of any moment to us, other than that it led the ship to a certain island off the coast of Africa after Alexis Paulvitch had been taken aboard.
it is the fearful speed you will have to put on the Nautilus, if the day after to-morrow she is to be in the Mediterranean, having made the round of Africa, and doubled the Cape of Good Hope
the Infant asked, when--our India laid aside we talked Adam's Africa.
Do you know, Miss Summerson, I almost wonder that YOU never turned your thoughts to Africa.
If you had been bored so, when you had the noble panorama of Spain and Africa and the blue Mediterranean spread abroad at your feet, and wanted to gaze and enjoy and surfeit yourself in its beauty in silence, you might have even burst into stronger language than I did.
This intrepid discoverer proposes to traverse all Africa from east to west IN A BALLOON.
The Englishmen in Africa went even further, saying that these poor blacks were held in virtual slavery, since after their terms of enlistment expired their ignorance was imposed upon by their white officers, and they were told that they had yet several years to serve.
When this fainting of Athos had ceased, the comte, almost ashamed of having given way before this superior natural event, dressed himself and ordered his horse, determined to ride to Blois, to open more certain correspondences with either Africa, D'Artagnan, or Aramis.
We need only confess that we do not know the purpose of the European convulsions and that we know only the facts- that is, the murders, first in France, then in Italy, in Africa, in Prussia, in Austria, in Spain, and in Russia- and that the movements from the west to the east and from the east to the west form the essence and purpose of these events, and not only shall we have no need to see exceptional ability and genius in Napoleon and Alexander, but we shall be unable to consider them to be anything but like other men, and we shall not be obliged to have recourse to chance for an explanation of those small events which made these people what they were, but it will be clear that all those small events were inevitable.
SEVERAL YEARS had elapsed since I had found the op-portunity to do any big-game hunting; for at last I had my plans almost perfected for a return to my old stamping-grounds in northern Africa, where in other days I had had excellent sport in pursuit of the king of beasts.
There were no porters within reach of Hauptmann Schneider so he vented his Prussian spleen upon the askaris nearest at hand, yet with greater circumspection since these men bore loaded rifles--and the three white men were alone with them in the heart of Africa.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Afren PLC
- Afri-Can FoodBasket
- Africa 2000 Network
- Africa Action Student Network
- Africa All Party Parliamentary Group
- Africa and Middle East Branch
- Africa and Middle East Exchange
- Africa and Middle East Refugee Assistance
- Africa and Middle East Regional Committee
- Africa and the Middle East
- Africa Assemblies of God Alliance
- Africa Association of Quantity Surveyors
- Africa Biodiversity Collaborative Group
- Africa Business Network
- Africa Cares for Life
- Africa Catalytic Growth Fund
- Africa Center for Apologetics Research
- Africa Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa Centre Demographic Information System
- Africa Centre for Investment Analysis
- Africa Christian Youths Development
- Africa Command
- Africa Community Publishing Development Trust
- Africa Conflict Prevention Pool
- Africa Connection
- Africa Conservation Fund
- Africa Consultants International
- Africa Contingency Operations Training Assistance
- Africa Data Dissemination Service
- Africa Decade of Disabled People
- Africa Desertification Control Initiative
- Africa Earth Observatory Network