References in periodicals archive ?
US obligations include activation of a new digital Autovon/Tandem dual-function switch at Yokota and functional relocation of the Autodin switch from North Camp Drake to Yokota.
Through the use of the AUTODIN system, a simplified, transaction-oriented, machine-to-machine interface between DIDS and the logistics community was established.
The Telos AMHS provides support for the Department of Defense's AUTODIN and DMS messaging systems, which is also used by some civilian agencies.
Sm@rtRouters will allow Space Command to phase out the costly leased lines currently linking its AUTODIN terminals in favor of low-cost IP networking via the SIPRnet.
Although widely used in military communications, AUTODIN (Automatic Digital Network) devices are incompatible with the SIPRNET, which is the military's primary secure messaging network.
The MFI converts DoD AUTODIN messages to the Allied Communications Publication (ACP)-123 messages that are signed and encrypted between users.
02A, Defense Information System Network and Connected Systems; DISA, SIPRNET Customer Connection Process Guide; DISA, AUTODIN message 121713Z DEC 95, subject: SIPRNET interim-connection requirements.
DMS was developed to replace AUTODIN, the post-World War II-era bulk messaging system that enabled users to ship electronic memos via military message centers.
Computerized networks, such as Telenet, the government-sponsored Autodin and many others, have emerged, where remote terminals and entry locations are connected to a switched control computer, an information network.
The Department of Defense has mandated the Defense Message System to replace AUTODIN and become DoD's organizational message system of record.
As a case in point, the Micronet Message Switch, with up to 24 ports, accomodates some 30 protocols including Telex I, Telex II and DDD 110/300/1200 asynchronous, HDLC; polled network protocols such as 8A1, 83B3, and 85A1; TTY, X-on and X-off; batch protocols such as IBM 3270 (batch) and i780/3780 bi-synchronous, and Autodin and Infocom ClassI, II and III, among others.
Previously, DoD used a fixed infrastructure known as AUTODIN, where messages were sent to a communications center, printed and hand-delivered to a recipient's mailbox, much like the United States Postal Service.
Acronyms browser ?
- AUTO REC
- AUTOSEVOCOM II
Full browser ?
- Autodesk Threaded Language Application System Toolkit
- Autodesk University
- Autodesk User Group Central Europe
- Autodesk Users Group International
- Autodesk, Inc.
- Autodesk, Inc.
- AUTODIN Automatic Maintenance Program System
- AUTODIN Communication Operations Center
- AUTODIN Communications Line Module
- AUTODIN Communications Module
- AUTODIN Conferencing Interface Unit
- AUTODIN Conversion Processor
- AUTODIN Gateway Messaging System
- AUTODIN Improvement Program
- Autodin Integrated Communications System
- AUTODIN Interface Device
- AUTODIN Intersite Gateway
- AUTODIN Limited Privacy Service
- AUTODIN Mail Server
- AUTODIN Multimedia Terminal
- AUTODIN Operators Console
- AUTODIN Switching Center
- AUTODIN Terminal Equipment
- AUTODIN Transfer Unit
- AUTODIN Transitional Hub
- AUTODIN-Mail Interface Host
- AUTODIN-to-DISN Interface
- AUTODIN/Defense Special Security Communications System
- Autoduellist Association of Vermont
- Autoduellists of the Vancouver Regional Organization