References in classic literature ?
Yet upon a night there was a dispute between two bucks--a grazing-quarrel such as ye now settle with the horns and the fore-feet--and it is said that as the two spoke together before the First of the First of the Tigers lying among the flowers, a buck pushed him with his horns, and the First of the Tigers forgot that he was the master and judge of the Jungle, and, leaping upon that buck, broke his neck.
a great buck lying on its back and kicking furiously in its death agony.
And the boys spearing fish in the mouth of the creek, and the big deer one of the bucks shot just around the point.
We've sold ourselves for a hundred bucks, an' we gotta deliver the goods.
And this modest ambition had been realized for him by a group of what he was accustomed to refer to as decent old bucks, who had installed him as secretary of that aristocratic and exclusive club, Brown's in St James Street, at an annual salary of four hundred pounds.
I must leave the buck to your arrow, Uncas, or we may kill a deer for them thieves, the Iroquois, to eat.
Betsy" (this was a nigger woman), you fly around and get him something to eat as quick as you can, poor thing; and one of you girls go and wake up Buck and tell him -- oh, here he is himself.
He scuttled to the back of the cave, where he found the bone of a buck with some meat on it, and sat cracking the end merrily.
He was a ragged, half-naked Indian hunter, armed with bow and arrows, and had the carcass of a fine buck thrown across his shoulder.
After throwing aside the thick mittens which had encased his hands, there now appeared a pair of leather gloves tipped with fur; he examined his priming, and was about to move forward, when the light bounding noise of an animal plunging through the woods was heard, and a fine buck darted into the path a short distance ahead of him.
Buck says I ought to eat all I can to keep my strength up, even if I ain't got any appetite," she said in her flat whine, reaching across Mattie for the teapot.
He saw a buck pass--an old buck--and then a young and plump one came opposite the giant in ambush, and Schneider's eyes went wide and a scream of terror almost broke from his lips as he saw the agile beast at his side spring straight for the throat of the young buck and heard from those human lips the hunting roar of a wild beast.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Bucknell University Environmental Center
- Buckner Beal Hall
- Buckner Funken Jazz
- Buckner Orphan Care International
- Buckner, Emory
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar, Jr.
- Bucks County
- Bucks County Association for the Education of Young Children
- Bucks County Association of Township Officials
- Bucks County Audubon Society
- Bucks County Choral Society
- Bucks County Community College
- Bucks County Community College Federation of Teachers
- Bucks County Conference and Visitors Bureau
- Bucks County Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Bucks County Country Day School
- Bucks County Courier Times
- Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance
- Bucks County Economic Development Corporation
- Bucks County Emergency Health Council
- Bucks County Folk Song Society
- Bucks County Foodshed Alliance
- Bucks County Health Improvement Partnership
- Bucks County Horse Park
- Bucks County Housing Authority
- Bucks County Housing Development Corporation
- Bucks County Housing Group
- Bucks County Industrial Development Corporation
- Bucks County International Trade Council
- Bucks County Library Network
- Bucks County Linux Users Group
- Bucks County Motorcycle Association
- Bucks County Music Educators Association
- Bucks County Office of Employment and Training
- Bucks County Parks and Recreation
- Bucks County Performing Arts Center