CAMDSChemical Agent Munition Disposal System
References in periodicals archive ?
From 1979 until the early 1990s, the CAMDS location served as the primary test and development facility for the Nation's Chemical Weapons Elimination Program.
Based on the many processes and techniques that were developed, the successes that were demonstrated, and the lessons that were learned at the CAMDS facility, plans were made to destroy the outspread arsenal of chemical munitions.
A 1945 railroad car, which was originally part of a train used to transport wounded Soldiers, was brought to the CAMDS facility in the early 1970s where it was used to house backup generators for more than two decades before being donated to the Utah State Railroad Museum in 2008.