References in periodicals archive ?
corn reports, Canadarm 2 is "strong enough to snatch one of NASA's winged spaceships out of orbit and then dock it to the International Space Station.
Non seulement, les prix des entreprises canadiennes se retrouvent au plus bas - ainsi Canadarm a ete rachetee la semaine derniere.
On the trivial side, Canadians and Canada can take credit for the McIntosh apple, ginger ale, the robotic Canadarm on space shuttles (let's face it, only Canadians know or care about this thing), the invention of the telephone, green ink, the paint roller, half of Superman, the zipper, and, well, the game of Trivial Pursuit.
Canadian astronaut Marc Garneau is using the Canadarm to deploy the $600-million tower and direct three space walks, otherwise known as Extra Vehicular Activities (EVAs), to assemble it.
The altimeter was built by MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates, which also made the space shuttle remote manipulator system called the Canadarm.
The Dragon spacecraft is scheduled to detach from the Earth-facing side of the station's Harmony module and release through commands sent by ground controllers in mission control at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston operating the Canadarm 2 robotic arm.
Liberal MP Marc Garneau, Canada's first astronaut and former head of the Canadian Space Agency, is "ticked off" that he wasn't invited to an event Thursday for the opening of the Canadarm exhibit at Ottawa's space museum.
On a second trip in space, he operated the Canadarm and walked in space.
They handed the facility to the shuttle s Canadarm and moved the station s arm into position for installation.
Having patented this technology around the world, Baiden says it could eventually allow for the operation of space tools such as the Canadarm from the Earth's surface.
Canadarm 2, which is used on the International Space Station, is even larger and stronger and features a robotic hand that can do precision work.
Richmond, BC), developers of the Canadarm robotic technology, to turn to the company for help in producing a 50' long Orbital Boom Sensor System (OBSS) that will be placed on the space shuttle Discovery.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Canada-Saskatchewan Irrigation Diversification Centre
- Canada-Saskatchewan Water Supply Expansion Program
- Canada-South Pacific Ocean Development Program
- Canada-Ukraine Business Initiative
- Canada-Ukraine Parliamentary Program
- Canada-United Kingdom Colloquium
- Canada-United Kingdom Deep Submillimeter Survey
- Canada-United Kingdom-Joint Communications Electronics Committee
- Canada-United Kingdom-United States
- Canada-United States
- Canada-United States Business Association
- Canada-United States Cargo Security Project
- Canada-United States Human Rights Information and Documentation
- Canada-United States Law Journal
- Canada-US Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-US Partnership Forum
- Canada-Vietnam Friendship Association
- Canada-Wide Industrial Pension Plan
- Canada-Wide Standard
- Canada/China Higher Education Program
- Canada/First Nations Funding Agreement
- Canada’s First Multicultural Television
- Canadain International DX Club
- Canadair Regional Jet
- Canaday, John
- Canadian Abilities Foundation
- Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council
- Canadian Aboriginal Association Plan
- Canadian Aboriginal Economic Development Strategy
- Canadian Aboriginal Media Co-operative
- Canadian Aboriginal Science and Engineering Association
- Canadian Aboriginal Science and Technology Society
- Canadian Abortion Rights Action League
- Canadian Academic Accounting Association
- Canadian Academic English Language
- Canadian Academic Quiz League