References in classic literature ?
The Amphictyons had in their hands the superstition of the times, one of the principal engines by which government was then maintained; they had a declared authority to use coercion against refractory cities, and were bound by oath to exert this authority on the necessary occasions.
Before ever the thought of wonder cities like Ardis and Asgard entered the minds of the oligarchs, Everhard saw those cities and the inevitable necessity for their creation.
And he persisted, in spite of a considerable deal of ridicule, in maintaining that the telephone was destined to connect cities and nations as well as individuals.
The rule is, not to besiege walled cities if it can possibly be avoided.
But when cities or countries are accustomed to live under a prince, and his family is exterminated, they, being on the one hand accustomed to obey and on the other hand not having the old prince, cannot agree in making one from amongst themselves, and they do not know how to govern themselves.
Only a few American cities appear in these tables, but they are scattered so widely over the country that they furnish a good general average of CITY health in the United States; and I think it will be granted that our towns and villages are healthier than our cities.
And Hastur, knowing that Haita was a youth who kept his word, spared the cities and turned the waters into the sea.
Preferring Venice before all other cities of Europe, and having arranged to remain there until the family meeting took place, what unexpected event had led Henry to alter his plans?
He had just time to judge his location roughly at some place south-west of Helium, and at a considerable distance from the twin cities, when he was startled by a woman's scream beneath him.
Florida, in its southern part, reckons no cities of importance; it is simply studded with forts raised against the roving Indians.
We were twenty days upon the road, crossing two sea bottoms and passing through or around a number of ruined cities, mostly smaller than Korad.
A MOUNTAIN was in labour, and the people of seven cities had assembled to watch its movements and hear its groans.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Citi Performing Arts Center
- Citi Sustainable Development Investments
- Citi Venture Capital International
- Citibank Credit Card Issuance Trust
- Citibank Federal Savings Bank
- Citibank N.A.
- Citibank New York State
- Citibank North America
- Citibank South Dakota
- Citibank Treasury Services Group
- Citibank World Privileges
- CITIC Cultural & Sports Industry Co., Ltd.
- Citic Internacional Financial Holdings
- Citic Offshore Helicopter Co., Ltd.
- CitiCapital Material Handling Finance
- Citicen Kane
- Citicorp Global Information Network
- Citicorp Global Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Citicorp Information Technology Industries Limited
- Citicorp Investment Services
- Citicorp Maruti Finance Ltd
- Citicorp Mortgage Services, Inc.
- Citicorp North America, Inc.
- Citicorp Trustee Company Limited
- Cities Advocating Emergency AIDS Relief
- Cities Aggregation Power Project, Inc.
- Cities and Villages Development Bank
- Cities and Villages Mutual Insurance Company
- Cities Anti-Racism Project
- Cities Area Transit
- Cities as International and Transnational Actors
- Cities Development Initiatives Alliance
- Cities Environment Reports on the Internet
- Cities for Climate Protection
- Cities Insurance Association of Washington
- Cities Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System
- Cities of New Brunswick Association
- Cities of Refuge
- Cities of the Underworld
- Cities on Volcanoes 3
- Cities Readiness Initiative