References in classic literature ?
It would seem that the domestics had been previously instructed; for, instead of penetrating the thicket, they followed the route of the column; a measure which Heyward stated had been dictated by the sagacity of their guide, in order to diminish the marks of their trail, if, haply, the Canadian savages should be lurking so far in advance of their army.
Who calls himself Canadian calls himself French; and, little communicative as Ned Land was, I must admit that he took a certain liking for me.
He related his fishing, and his combats, with natural poetry of expression; his recital took the form of an epic poem, and I seemed to be listening to a Canadian Homer singing the Iliad of the regions of the North.
Wooden ships--that is possible," replied the Canadian, "but I have never seen it done; and, until further proof, I deny that whales, cetaceans, or sea-unicorns could ever produce the effect you describe.
The Canadian traders, for a long time, had troublesome competitors in the British merchants of New York, who inveigled the Indian hunters and the coureurs des bois to their posts, and traded with them on more favorable terms.
They were wrapped in rich furs, their huge canoes freighted with every convenience and luxury, and manned by Canadian voyageurs, as obedient as Highland clansmen.
While the chiefs thus revelled in hall, and made the rafters resound with bursts of loyalty and old Scottish songs, chanted in voices cracked and sharpened by the northern blast, their merriment was echoed and prolonged by a mongrel legion of retainers, Canadian voyageurs, half-breeds, Indian hunters, and vagabond hangers-on who feasted sumptuously without on the crumbs that fell from their table, and made the welkin ring with old French ditties, mingled with Indian yelps and yellings.
Out came the sunset; but in spite of this heroic mutilation the editor of the Canadian Woman sent Averil's Atonement back so promptly that the indignant Diana declared that it couldn't have been read at all, and vowed she was going to stop her subscription immediately.
And--I have no designs on a great Canadian novel," laughed Anne.
Now, now, now," cried the Canadian farmer with his barbarian benevolence, "don't let's spoil a jolly evening.
You ought to have a statue," cried the Canadian, as he came back, radiant, from the telephone.
The Canadian Government would be no loser, nor would its despatches travel the slower.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Canada-Wide Industrial Pension Plan
- Canada-Wide Standard
- Canada/China Higher Education Program
- Canada/First Nations Funding Agreement
- Canada’s First Multicultural Television
- Canadain International DX Club
- Canadair Regional Jet
- Canaday, John
- Canadian Abilities Foundation
- Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council
- Canadian Aboriginal Association Plan
- Canadian Aboriginal Economic Development Strategy
- Canadian Aboriginal Media Co-operative
- Canadian Aboriginal Science and Engineering Association
- Canadian Aboriginal Science and Technology Society
- Canadian Abortion Rights Action League
- Canadian Academic Accounting Association
- Canadian Academic English Language
- Canadian Academic Quiz League
- Canadian Academy of Aeronautics
- Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Canadian Academy of Chinese Traditional Health Sciences
- Canadian Academy of Clinical Biochemistry
- Canadian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry
- Canadian Academy of Higher Education
- Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy
- Canadian Academy of Psychiatry and Law
- Canadian Academy of Psychologists in Disability Assessment
- Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences
- Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Canadian Academy of Sports Medicine
- Canadian Academy of Veterinary Dermatology
- Canadian accent
- Canadian Access and Privacy Association Association
- Canadian Accounting Education and Research News
- Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker