References in classic literature ?
Our Excellency," a man stepped forth, "on my land Abu Hussein was found this morning.
Let Our Excellency turn out the creatures of the Emirs who stole our land in the days of the Oppression.
The man to whom Our Excellency has awarded the land is, as it were, his maternal uncle.
The wheel shall be built, but, O Our Excellency, if by God's favour the pups grow to be well-smelters, not filth-eaters, not unaccustomed to their names, not lawless, who will do them and me justice at the time of judging the young dogs?
I have unfriends down the river to whom Our Excellency has also entrusted ha-wands to bring up.
For one reason; Farag, the kennel huntsman, in khaki and puttees, would obey nothing under the rank of an Excellency, and the hounds would obey no one but Farag; for another, the best way of estimating crop returns and revenue was by riding straight to hounds; for a third, though Judges down the river issued signed and sealed land-titles to all lawful owners, yet public opinion along the river never held any such title valid till it had been confirmed, according to precedent, by the Governor's hunting crop in the hunting field, above the wilfully neglected earth.
Des Lupeaulx returned to the salon and found Madame Rabourdin sailing with the wind of success, and very charming; while his Excellency, usually so gloomy, showed a smooth and gracious countenance.
Now when a woman decides to love a man for what she can get out of him it is better to take a sexagenarian Excellency than a quadragenarian secretary; there's more profit and less annoyance.
Well, then, go back to the salon and coquette a little more with his Excellency.
There are so few high functionaries who have agreeable wives," remarked his Excellency on re-entering the room, "that I am very well satisfied with our new acquisition.
They excited and led on his Excellency and des Lupeaulx by a series of comments on Madame Rabourdin: one thought her too studied in manner, too eager to appear clever; another compared the graces of the middle classes with the manners of high life, while des Lupeaulx defended his pretended mistress as we all defend an enemy in society.
Madame," said his Excellency to the countess, sternly, "such sentiments and such speeches lead to revolutions; unhappily, the court and the great world do not restrain them.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Excellence in Mining Environmental Management
- Excellence in Processing Open Cultural Heritage
- Excellence in Professional Service
- Excellence in Realty
- Excellence in Science Technology and Mathematics Education
- Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly
- Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award
- Excellence in Supporting Product Applications and Reliability
- Excellence in Teaching
- Excellence in Transportation
- Excellence Ireland Quality Association
- excellence of behavior
- Excellence of Execution
- Excellence Quotient
- Excellence Shock Wave Therapy
- Excellence Through Commitment to Education and Learning
- Excellence Through Quality
- Excellence to Affordable Housing
- Excellence Uniting Culture, Education and Leadership
- Excellence, Innovative, Training Programs
- excellence, respect, integrity and courage
- Excellence-In-Competition Badge, Pistol
- Excellence-In-Competition Badge, Rifle
- EXcellent Architecture
- Excellent Auto Care & Tire
- Excellent Beginnings National Network, Inc.
- Excellent Clues
- Excellent Companion
- Excellent Condition
- Excellent Coverage Partner
- Excellent Grades & Conduct
- Excellent Job
- excellent judgment
- Excellent Jumper with Weaves
- Excellent Low Emission Vehicle
- Excellent Mobility and Interactive Existence as Workmate
- Excellent Novel Radical
- Excellent Paper Award
- excellent prospect
- Excellent Retrieval System
- Excellent Used Condition
- Excellent Young Teachers Program