References in periodicals archive ?
As such, over the course of several volumes, Allen Jackson has used an array of photographs to lavishly illustrate the story of signalling in the principal constituents of the London and North Eastern Railway.
The teak carriages are owned and maintained by the London and North Eastern Railway Coach Association, a volunteer-run, charitable organisation.
She and her sister locomotives between them were mainly responsible for hauling The Flying Scotsman and other crack expresses of the London and North Eastern Railway.
It outlines the development of British railways from the 1830s on; the principal features of a line, station, and goods yard; the role of railways and their structures in the lives of East Enders, how they moved around the city, and how they viewed their neighbors; and standing structures built for the Eastern Counties Railway and its successors, the Great Eastern Railway and the London and North Eastern Railway.
He produced three map books in 1947 showing in great detail the lines of the London and North Eastern Railway, the London, Midland and Scottish, and the Southern Railway.
The Flying Scotsman was the first passenger locomotive to be built by the London and North Eastern Railway.
In the 1930s, for example, express locomotives of the London and North Eastern Railway were named after racehorses, presumably in the expectation of a positive recognition factor from travellers.
The A1 class of Pacific locos was designed by Arthur H Peppercorn for the London and North Eastern Railway and built in 1948-49.
They could be called, oh I don't know, something like London and North Eastern Railway, London, Midland and Scottish Railway, Great Western Railway and Southern Railway.
They could be called, oh, I don''t know, something like London and North Eastern Railway, London, Midland and Scottish Railway, Great Western Railway and Southern Railway.
The 40in x 50in poster produced in 1930 by artist Henry George Gawthorn for the London and North Eastern Railway is set to fetch between pounds 5,000 and pounds 7,500 at Swann Auction Galleries in New York next week.
In 1923 the three members of the East Coast Joint Stock Co became part of the newly-formed London and North Eastern Railway.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts
- London Academy of Professional Management
- London Accident Analysis Unit
- London Acting and Improvising Meetup
- London Action Resource Centre
- London Advisory Committee on Heritage
- London Affiliate Conference
- London African Volunteers Network
- London After Midnight
- London After Midnight
- London Agreed Protocol for Teaching
- London Air Quality Network
- London Air Traffic Control Centre
- London Allergy Clinic
- London Alliance West and North
- London allowance
- London Ambulance Service
- London Ambulance Service Retirement Association
- London American General Agency, Inc.
- London and Associated Properties
- London and Continental Stations and Property Limited
- London and Counties Society for Psychologists
- London and District Construction Association
- London and District Korfball Association
- London and District Labour Council
- London and District Youth Soccer League
- London and Manchester Document Access
- London and Middlesex Archaeological Society
- London and New Zealand Futures Association
- London and North Eastern Railway
- London and North Western Railway
- London and North Western Railway Society
- London and Provincial Antique Dealers Association
- London and South East Region
- London and South East Regional Planning Conference
- London and South Eastern Railways
- London and St. Lawrence Investment
- London and Thames Valley Pharmaceutical Group
- London Anti-Crime Education Scheme
- London Approach
- London Aquatic Club
- London Archaeological Archive & Research Centre
- London Architectural Salvage and Supply Co.
- London Archive Users Forum
- London Area and Terminal Control Centre
- London Area Health Libraries Association
- London Area Organic Growers
- London Artists Film and Video Awards
- London Arts in Health Forum
- London Asian African Caribbean Centre
- London Assembly
- London Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- London Association of Art & Design Education
- London Association of Chicken Keepers
- London Association of Funeral Directors
- London Association of Primal Psychotherapists
- London Atmospheric Emissions Inventory
- London Authorities Urban Design Forum
- London Banknote and Monetary Research Centre, Ltd.
- London Baptist Confession of Faith