References in periodicals archive ?
The current goals of the Moscamed Program are: (1) to eradicate medfly entries into the pest free areas (PFA) in northern Guatemala, and the Mexican States bordering Guatemala, (2) to protect the medfly-free status in the rest of Mexico, USA, and Belize, and (3) in the medium to long-term eradicate the medfly from Guatemala.
It now also contributes to Medfly control (Wang, Messing, Bautista, et al.
Establish or continue monitoring programs for invasive species such as the Medfly, the Emerald Ash Borer (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire) (monitoring in adjacent states that have not previously had this pest), and the Khapra beetle (Trogoderma granarium Everts), a grain and stored products pest.
Here, we present the first alternative, radiation-free, reproductive sterility system for medfly based on transgenic embryonic lethality," said Wimmer.
Live medflies were confirmed in separate shipments of clementines from Spain in 2001, prompting USDA to amend regulations governing their importation and the cold treatment of fresh produce from all known medfly regions, Subsequent analysis by USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service suggested that the specified duration of treatment may not have achieved satisfactory control; therefore, USDA extended the required length of the treatment time.
Medfly males produce three distinct sounds as part of their sexual communication ritual: 1) the calling song, produced simultaneously with pheromone emission and often in the absence of other flies in its immediate proximity; 2) the courtship song, an intermittent series of buzzes made when other flies are nearby; and 3) the copula song, a brief sound produced by males when they mount a prospective mate.
Within a few years of our move, a medfly turned up in the Port of Miami.
22) For example, malathion, a pesticide used for medfly and mosquito control, has been observed to cause the following problems in humans: weakening of the immune system, birth defects, genetic damage, accelerated aging of certain body organs, and increased neurogical damage to older patients.
Compositional interpretations of medfly mortality [Letter].
This is a cooperative program that involves the United States, Mexico, and Guatemala in detecting Medfly outbreaks and controlling their populations.
24 /PRNewswire/ -- A wild female Mediterranean fruit fly was identified this fall in Sarasota, but the ongoing sterile Medfly release program in the area, administered by the U.
For more than 20 years, California also has been challenged by the Medfly.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Medex Practice Solutions, Inc
- Medford High School
- Medford Lakes Athletic Association
- Medford Rifle and Pistol Club
- Medford Shared-Ride Taxi
- Medford Urban Renewal Agency
- Medford Youth Athletic Association
- Medford Youth Girls Softball
- Medford, OR, USA - Medford-Jackson County Airport
- Medgar Evers
- Medgar Evers Boulevard Branch Library
- Medgar Wiley Evers
- Medgar Wiley Evers
- Medi-Cal Managed Care Division
- Medi-Cal Managed Care Plan
- Medi-Cal Program
- Medi-Cal threshold language