References in classic literature ?
He was also told that the Midland Railway Company had replaced the desertions of the first day's panic, had resumed traffic, and was running northward trains from St.
If she is not quite convalescent you will find that a hint that we were about to telegraph to a young electrician in the Midlands would probably complete the cure.
The ride to Stone Court, which Fred and Rosamond took the next morning, lay through a pretty bit of midland landscape, almost all meadows and pastures, with hedgerows still allowed to grow in bushy beauty and to spread out coral fruit for the birds.
The actual result was the development of three groups of dialects, the Southern, Midland (divided into East and West) and Northern, all differing among themselves in forms and even in vocabulary.
The dialect is that of the Northwest Midland, scarcely more intelligible to modern readers than Anglo-Saxon, but it indicates that the author belonged to the same border region between England and Wales from which came also Geoffrey of Monmouth and Laghamon, a region where Saxon and Norman elements were mingled with Celtic fancy and delicacy of temperament.
Arthur's father had been the clergyman of a parish in the Midland counties, which had risen into a large town during the war, and upon which the hard years which followed had fallen with fearful weight.
We may be, for our branch of the family comes from the Midlands.
A potty little nine-hole affair at a hydro in the Midlands.
Therefore they gave you a handsome advance on your salary, and ran you off to the Midlands, where they gave you enough work to do to prevent your going to London, where you might have burst their little game up.
He had been on a tea plantation in Ceylon and a traveller in America for Italian wines; his secretaryship of the water company in Toledo had lasted longer than any of his employments; he had been a journalist and for some time had worked as police-court reporter for an evening paper; he had been sub-editor of a paper in the Midlands and editor of another on the Riviera.
The four on this side are all workers, three of them in the service of the bailiff of Sir Baldwin Redvers, and the other, he with the sheepskin, is, as I hear, a villein from the midlands who hath run from his master.
Lord Camperdown was down in the Midlands for a day's hunting, and Helene had ensured their seclusion from any one who might drop in by a whispered word to the hail porter as they passed into the house.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- MIDIS Electronics ASIC Development
- Midland / Bay City / Saginaw, MI, USA - Tri-City Airport
- Midland Air Field
- Midland Amateur Hockey League
- Midland and Great Northern Railway
- Midland Area Reading Council
- Midland Area Youth Soccer
- Midland Area Youth Soccer League
- Midland Association for Retarded Citizens
- Midland Atlantic Federal Credit Union
- Midland Bank
- Midland Bank Aval Limited
- Midland Bank Group International Trade Services
- Midland Bank Plc
- Midland Bank/Temp
- Midland Basset Hound Club
- Midland Business Development
- Midland Canal
- Midland Canal
- Midland Center for the Arts
- Midland Cogeneration Venture
- Midland College
- Midland Community Television
- Midland Corporate Finance Journal
- Midland Counties Photographic Federation
- Midland County
- Midland County Circuit Court
- Midland County Educational Service Agency
- Midland County Habitat for Humanity
- Midland County Historical Society
- Midland County Young Lawyers Association