References in periodicals archive ?
2007) --Role of NAP1 in some responsive genes expression in Arabidopsis (Liu et al.
Demonstration of an 18-base pair deletion of the tcd C gene, after amplification, indicated the presence of NAP1 strain.
Table 1--oil properties ASTM DAE NAP1 N 8450 N 5450 N 51150 Kinematic viscosity at D445 840 450 40[degrees]C, cSt Kinematic viscosity at D445 21 16.
NAP1 strains often demonstrate resistance to quinolones, and increased use of these drugs may provide a positive selection pressure for NAP1 relative to other strains (6).
Also in late September, the Chicago Sun Times reported that, according to experts, the overuse of antibiotics is aiding the quick escalation of hospital-infection rates of Clostridium difficile (C diff)--specifically in cases tied to an unusually toxic, antibiotic-resistant strain of the bacteria known as NAP1.
This strain is known by various names, including BI, NAP1, ribotype 027, and toxinotype II, depending on what type of analysis is used to identify it in a particular laboratory.
The study also found that OPT-80 produced similar cure rates in patients with the NAP1 strain compared to patients without the hypervirulent strain.
In the latter study, 129/157 strains examined had pulsed-field gel electrophoresis patterns identical to NAP1 (8).
The NAP1 strain, found in other sites and populations in recent years, infects young adults and pregnant women with no history of antibiotic use, according to federal sources.
Finally, Quesada-Gomez and co-workers (32) reported the emergence of CD NAP1 strain in a Costa Rican hospital.
The rising prevalence of CDI may be attributable to the emergence of the hypervirulent NAP1 strain, which could potentially cause a higher clinical failure rate," said Youe-Kong Shue, Ph.
This increase is assumed to be associated with higher toxin production by a fluoroquinolone-resistant strain belonging to pulsed-field gel electrophoresis type NAP1, PCR ribotype 027, and toxinotype III (2,3).
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Naoya Shiga
- NAP 1
- Nap Induced Lucid Dream
- Nap jerk
- NAP of the Americas
- Nap of the Earth
- Nap of the Earth Flight
- Nap-Of-the-Earth Communication
- Nap-Of-the-Earth Communications
- nap-of-the-earth flight
- nap-of-the-earth flight
- Napa Berryessa Resort Improvement District
- Napa cabbage
- napa cabbages
- Napa County
- Napa County Airport
- Napa County Chiropractic Association
- Napa County Council on Economic Opportunity
- Napa County Farm Bureau
- Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District
- Napa County Flood Protection
- Napa County Hispanic Network
- Napa County Land Trust
- Napa County League of Governments
- Napa County Mosquito Abatement District
- Napa County Rental Information and Mediation Services
- Napa County Resource Conservation District
- Napa County Transportation Planning Agency
- Napa County, CA
- Napa County, California
- Napa Emergency Women's Services
- Napa High School
- Napa New Technology High School
- Napa River Fisheries Monitoring Program
- Napa River Reclamation District
- Napa River Watershed Task Force