References in periodicals archive ?
But, what is significant is that it is precisely Mbeki who has been notably active in promoting the NEPAD and the 'African Renaissance'.
The language of the NEPAD does not allow for easy dissemination and could inhibit popular participation and debate.
The Nepad Heads of State and Government Committee, composed of 20 African leaders, meets every six months, which clearly helps to keep Nepad's development trajectory moving forward.
That is why Nepad designed PIDA--the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa, a 30-year strategy by Nepad, the African Union and African Development Bank (AfDB), focusing on regional trans-boundary projects.
We requested the African Development Bankto conclude the technical work for submission to NEPAD Implementation Committee for the Heads of States Summit in Dakar 2014.
The NEPAD Business Foundation (NBF) is one of Africa's leading membership based foundations which promotes sustainable economic and social development on the continent.
11) The AAP explicitly took its lead from elements of NEPAD, thus reinforcing the sense that this was a new and genuine partnership.
The scheme has been launched by ECOWAS and Nepad, and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and ECOWAS are leading its implementation and it will be tested in Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone initially.
Furthermore, this study argues that NEPAD has not been successful in reaching that goal, and thus identifies the pitfalls that have arrested NEPAD's progress, and proffers recommendations as this initiative moves into the future.
The PIDA study is a joint initiative by the African Union Commission, the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency and AfDB.
Among them the 24th Summit of the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) Heads of State and Government Orientation Committee (HSGOC), meetings of the AU's NEPAD Steering Committee and the Committee of Ten Heads of State on United Nations Reform are also due to meet.
2 dissolved the New Partnership for Africa Development (NEPAD) and approved the establishment of the NEPAD Planning and Co-ordinating Agency (NPCA) to replace it.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Neozipine XL
- NEP (disambiguation)
- NEP (disambiguation)
- NEPA Compliance Office
- NEPA Document Tracking System
- Nepal Academy of Medical Sciences
- Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Nepal Administrative Staff College
- Nepal Adolescent and Young Adult
- Nepal Agricultural Research Council
- Nepal Airlines Corporation
- Nepal America Journalist Association
- Nepal Animal Science Association
- Nepal Appreciative Inquiry National Network
- Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind
- Nepal Association of Fine Arts
- Nepal Association of Foreign Employment Agencies
- Nepal Association of Tour & Travel Agents
- Nepal Australia Friendship Association
- Nepal Bangladesh Bank Ltd.
- Nepal Bar Association
- Nepal Battery Company Ltd.
- Nepal Beekeepers Association
- Nepal Biogas Promotion Group
- Nepal Biomedical Research Center
- Nepal Building Construction Workers Association
- Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology
- Nepal Campaign to Ban Landmines