References in periodicals archive ?
As the programme became generally unpopular on the continent, some African leaders, academics and commentators voiced their scepticism of Nepad, branding it "neoliberal".
But, what is significant is that it is precisely Mbeki who has been notably active in promoting the NEPAD and the 'African Renaissance'.
The language of the NEPAD does not allow for easy dissemination and could inhibit popular participation and debate.
However, in July 2001, at the summit of AU heads of State held in the Zambian capital, Lusaka, the two plans were merged under the name NEPAD.
That is why Nepad designed PIDA--the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa, a 30-year strategy by Nepad, the African Union and African Development Bank (AfDB), focusing on regional trans-boundary projects.
A project financiers' roundtable organized by the NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility, a special fund hosted by the African Development Bank (AfDB), deliberated how to enhance collaboration and co-financing.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon noted the growing cooperation between and India and Africa in his progress report on the Nepad, saying: "Indian investment in Africa has surged, with major investments in information and communications technology, energy, engineering, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and automobiles sectors.
Malian president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita has said that good policies policy are necessary for the implementation of NEPAD projects.
The NEPAD Council, an independent not-for-profit organization comprised of African professionals and scholars, recognized the potential of the Africa.
During the 5th Meeting of the Heads of ICT Units in AUC, NEPAD Agency, Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and Associations of Regulators on Harmonisation and Coordination of Regional and Continental ICT Programmes, Projects, and Activities adopted the Continental ICT Strategy for Africa (CISA).
NEPAD is a radically new intervention, spearheaded by African leaders, to address critical challenges facing the continent: poverty, development and Africa's marginalization internationally.
Le Chef de l'Etat participe ce mercredi aux sommets des Brics et du Nepad en Afrique du Sud, et y prononcera un discours dans lequel il mettra l'accent sur le role egyptien dans le continent africain, en partant du fait que l'Egypte est un des 5 Etats initiateurs du Nepad.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Neozipine XL
- NEP (disambiguation)
- NEP (disambiguation)
- NEPA Compliance Office
- NEPA Document Tracking System
- Nepal Academy of Medical Sciences
- Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Nepal Administrative Staff College
- Nepal Adolescent and Young Adult
- Nepal Agricultural Research Council
- Nepal Airlines Corporation
- Nepal America Journalist Association
- Nepal Animal Science Association
- Nepal Appreciative Inquiry National Network
- Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind
- Nepal Association of Fine Arts
- Nepal Association of Foreign Employment Agencies
- Nepal Association of Tour & Travel Agents
- Nepal Australia Friendship Association
- Nepal Bangladesh Bank Ltd.
- Nepal Bar Association
- Nepal Battery Company Ltd.
- Nepal Beekeepers Association
- Nepal Biogas Promotion Group
- Nepal Biomedical Research Center
- Nepal Building Construction Workers Association
- Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology
- Nepal Campaign to Ban Landmines