31) PANL, GN38, S6-1-2, File 4A, Report on the relief situation on the Burin Peninsula and the south coast, August, 1937.
34) PANL, GN38, S-6-1-2, File 12, Memorandum respecting the report by Dr.
35) PANL, GN38, S5-4-1, File 5, Report made by Magistrate Short on the subject of a dispute between the St.
39) PANL, GN38, S6-1-2, File 40, Department of Public Health and Welfare to Department of Natural Resources, 15 January 1940.
49) PANL, GN38, S6-2-1, File 12, Department of Public Health and Welfare to Department of Justice, 15 December 1939.
59) PANL, GN38, S5-4-1, File 5, Report by Magistrate Short, 23 May 1940.
84) PANL, GN38, S5-4-1, File 6, Lewis to Woods, 27 May 1941.
86) PANL, GN38, S4-2-5, File 2, Memorandum for the Commission of Government from Sir Wilfrid Woods, 17 January 1941.
In March, civilian workers at the Argentia base formed the Argentia Labour Union and also began to demand increased wages and improved working conditions, and in April a group of labour leaders from various sectors around the island began pressing for wage parity with base workers for all construction workers in Newfoundland, PANL, GN38, Box S6-5-2, File 3, Minutes of meeting of City unions sent to Puddester (Public Health and Welfare), 18 February 1941; and Neary, Newfoundland in the North Atlantic World, 157-8.
90) PANL, GN38, S5-4-1, File 6, Woods to Lewis, 30 May 1941; and SLMMM, Lewis to Woods, 14 July 1941.
92) PANL, GN 38, S5-4-1, File 6, Turpin to Woods, and Lewis to Woods, 17 July 1941.
93) PANL, GN 38, S5-4-1, File 6, Walter Seibert, President, St.