URW


Also found in: Wikipedia.
AcronymDefinition
URWUnited Rubber Workers
URWYou Are Welcome
URWUnternehmensberatung Rubow Weber (German: Rubow Weber Consulting)
URWUn-Remarried Widow (United States)
URWUniversity Resources for Women (est. 1979; Illinois)
References in periodicals archive ?
The Russian contingent was led by two activists who had come to the forefront of Russian community affairs in the course of the previous two years, Alexander Zuzenko, the secretary of the URW since the previous August and editor of its fortnightly newspaper Znanie i edinenie (published in English from December 1918 as Knowledge and Unity), and Bykoff, who often used the name 'A.
The Crystal URW inks are designed for use on display graphics and other applications, such as packaging printing in digital presses, that use drop-on-demand inkjet print heads.
KantStik UR and URW nonsilicone, solvent or water-based products for use when molding rigid and flexible PUR foam, as well as PUR elastomer parts.
The URW ended its strike on May 22, 1995, with an unconditional offer to return to work, but the company refused the offer, recalling union members only as vacancies occurred among the scabs, and forcing the members to work without a contract, under onerous terms imposed by the company.
The current URW membership of 98,000 is down from a peak of 180,000 in 1980, while USA membership has steadily fallen from more than 1 million in 1980 to its current level of 565,000.
It will be interesting to see how this is going to impact the company basically forced the URW into the USW.
The merger gives URW members access to the USA strike fund, currently at $162 million.
The merger proposal will be submitted to a URW special convention.
Johnston and nine other URW staff members retired in March.
Following the Uniroyal Goodrich settlement, Milan Stone, URW president, warned that it would not be considered a standard for remaining negotiations in the industry.
Fontographer also ships with 500 URW TrueType and Type 1 fonts.
The URW had been located in Downtown Akron since its founding in September of 1935.