References in classic literature ?
Her temper was quick and stormy, and she relied too much on herself and too little on him, which did not approximate at all to his ideal of woman's conduct when a man was around.
Approximate it, approximate it," Daylight counselled cheerfully.
Call it the shadow of an oligarchy, if you will; it is the nearest I dare approximate it.
Although hardly one shell, crab or fish is common to the above-named three approximate faunas of Eastern and Western America and the eastern Pacific islands, yet many fish range from the Pacific into the Indian Ocean, and many shells are common to the eastern islands of the Pacific and the eastern shores of Africa, on almost exactly opposite meridians of longitude.
Has the naturalist or chemist learned his craft, who has explored the gravity of atoms and the elective affinities, who has not yet discerned the deeper law whereof this is only a partial or approximate statement, namely that like draws to like, and that the goods which belong to you gravitate to you and need not be pursued with pains and cost?
In certain respects, the views which I shall be setting forth approximate to materialism; in certain others, they approximate to its opposite.
We can only hope to approximate to the conditions; and if we don't succeed in getting you nearly enough back to what you were, this venture of ours will fail.
We no longer approximate in our behavior to the mere impulsiveness of the lower animals, but conduct ourselves in every respect like members of a highly civilized society.
He had not, of course, been able to form even an approximate notion of what they meant.
But in English, when we have used a word a couple of times in a paragraph, we imagine we are growing tautological, and so we are weak enough to exchange it for some other word which only approximates exactness, to escape what we wrongly fancy is a greater blemish.
Mother love, however, is one of the human passions which closely approximates to the dignity of an irresistible force.
According to press statement issued on Wednesday, 16% claimed to have an approximate height of 5.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Approving Authority
- approving of
- Approving Official
- Approving Official
- Approving/Billing Official
- Approvisionnement General Electrique Industriel
- Approvisionnement Outils Diamants
- Approvisionneur Professionnel Agree
- approximal surface of tooth
- Approximant consonant
- Approximate Absolute
- approximate absolute temperature
- Approximate Alternating-Projection Frequency Estimator
- approximate altitude
- Approximate Boundary Conditions
- approximate calculation
- Approximate Calculations
- approximate computing
- Approximate Conditional Mean
- approximate contour
- Approximate Coupled Cluster
- Approximate Coupled Cluster Method
- Approximate Coupled-Pair
- Approximate Discrete Radon Transform
- Approximate Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning
- Approximate Extended Kalman Filter
- Approximate Factor Re-Normalization
- Approximate Factor Re-Normalization Combined Field Integral Equation
- Approximate Factorization
- Approximate Fast Radon Transform
- Approximate Full Load
- Approximate Hartree-Fock Method
- Approximate Identity Neural Network
- Approximate Integration
- Approximate Inverse Pre-Conditioner
- approximate judgment of value
- Approximate Lethal Dose
- Approximate Map Reference
- Approximate Market Value
- Approximate Maximum Likelihood