B/H

(redirected from blockhouse)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
AcronymDefinition
B/HBackhaul
b/hBank Holiday
B/HBlockhouse (NASA)
References in periodicals archive ?
The first alternative is a traditional brick house, built from standard materials, the second house is a blockhouse, made mostly of wood-based materials and the third one is built of wood frame, using a wood-based and mineral-based materials.
Andrews Blockhouse National Historic Site, the Government of Canada hopes to engage youth with a heightened sense of connection and pride in their national treasures and history, explained Mr.
Blockhouse TV is renowned for taking on the big studio productions with their low-budget but high quality children's productions.
It is thought the blockhouse was built as part of the king's coastal defences after his divorce from Catherine of Aragon, when Britain was left politically isolated by a treaty between France and Spain and the King was determined to defend his country from attack.
Sergeant Smails had bayonetcharged a revolutionary blockhouse with such ferocity that the soldiers inside surrendered.
There dumped in a blockhouse by the side of the railway line was Mary's mutilated body.
The astute Red Cloud wants a fight in the daylight so the lookouts in a watehtower on a hill and those in the FOB blockhouse five miles away can see and hear the attack on the combat outpost.
They also suggested that a "stockade fort," one hundred and sixty-five feet long on the east, north and west sides and one hundred and thirty-two feet on the south with a blockhouse at each corner, would cost about 1400 [pounds sterling] and would form a "good Strong State Prison for the United States.
We also have his model of Crater Lake Lodge, Fort Clatsop, the blockhouse at Fort Yamhill and several barns that he saw in his travels around the country.
This year, Rehab Plus at Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) will benefit from a "Red Faces" night at Blockhouse Bay Community Centre on November 3.
Overlooking the budding community was the fort, built in 1690, which consisted of a blockhouse, addition, powder magazine and armory.