References in classic literature ?
But, on examining the papers which the parchment commission served to envelop, I found more traces of Mr.
To the peasants of old times, the world outside their own direct experience was a region of vagueness and mystery: to their untravelled thought a state of wandering was a conception as dim as the winter life of the swallows that came back with the spring; and even a settler, if he came from distant parts, hardly ever ceased to be viewed with a remnant of distrust, which would have prevented any surprise if a long course of inoffensive conduct on his part had ended in the commission of a crime; especially if he had any reputation for knowledge, or showed any skill in handicraft.
Yet what thou canst attain, which best may serve To glorifie the Maker, and inferr Thee also happier, shall not be withheld Thy hearing, such Commission from above I have receav'd, to answer thy desire Of knowledge within bounds; beyond abstain To ask, nor let thine own inventions hope Things not reveal'd, which th' invisible King, Onely Omniscient, hath supprest in Night, To none communicable in Earth or Heaven: Anough is left besides to search and know.
My respectful compliments attend Miss Dryasdust; I endeavoured to match the spectacles agreeable to her commission, during my late journey to London, and hope she has received them safe, and found them satisfactory.
This is an exact inventory of what we found about the body of the man-mountain, who used us with great civility, and due respect to your majesty's commission.
Lopo Gomez d'Abreu had made him an offer at Bazaim of fitting out three ships at his own expense, provided a commission could be procured him to cruise in the Red Sea.
Middle departed from the house mightily pleased with himself, and proud of his commission.
In one particular it is admitted that the convention have departed from the tenor of their commission.
D'Artagnan took the paper hesitatingly and cast his eyes over it; it was a lieutenant's commission in the Musketeers.
The commission is usually one and a half; will you have two -- three -- five per cent, or even more?
Wickham, who had returned with him the day before from town, and he was happy to say had accepted a commission in their corps.
But soon afterwards, Sir Edmund Andros, an officer of the English army, arrived, with a commission to be governor-general of New England and New York.
Acronyms browser ?
- COMMS TECH
Full browser ?
- Commissary Privilege Card
- Commissary Resale Division of the Army Stock Fund
- Commissary Store
- Commissary, BX, Post Office
- Commissaryman First Class
- Commissaryman Second Class
- Commissaryman Third Class
- Commissie Aanprijzing Veterinaire Producten
- Commissie Algemene Vraagstukken Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek
- Commissie Buitenslands Gediplomeerden Volksgezondheid
- Commissie Gelijke Behandeling
- Commissie Gelijke Kansen
- Commissie Internationalisering Faculteit Geneeskunde
- Commissie Invoeringsaspecten Behandeling Heroineverslaving
- Commissie Mensenrechten van Pakistan
- Commissie Milieuhygiene Luchtvaartterrein Rotterdam
- Commissie Moleculair Biologische Diagnostiek
- Commissie Onderzoek Minerale Voeding
- Commissie Regionaal Overleg Schiphol
- Commissie Transport Gevaarlijke Goederen
- Commissie Vernieuwing Biologie Onderwijs
- Commissie voor de Modernisering van de Rechterlijke Orde
- Commissie voor de Regulering van de Elektriciteit en het Gas
- Commissie Voor Het Bank-, Financie- en Assurantiewezen
- Commissin Scolaire des Navigateurs
- Commission Accounting System
- Commission Administrative de Coordination
- Commission Administrative des Régimes de Retraite et d'Assurances
- Commission Administrative Paritaire
- Commission Administrative Paritaire Académique
- Commission Administrative Paritaire Départementale
- Commission Administrative Paritaire Nationale
- Commission Africaine de l'Aviation Civile
- Commission against Domestic Violence
- Commission Against Narcotics
- commission agent
- commission agents
- Commission Armées-Jeunesse
- Commission Artisanale et Médicale d'Invalidité
- Commission Baleinière Internationale
- Commission Bancaire de l'Afrique Centrale
- Commission Bancaire et Financière
- Commission Bancaire et Financière et des Assurances
- Commission broker
- Commission Brokers
- Commission Canadienne d'Histoire Militaire
- Commission Canadienne de Radiodiffusion
- Commission Canadienne des Affaires Polaire
- Commission Canadienne des Droits de la Personne
- Commission Canadienne des Grains
- Commission Canadienne du Blé
- Commission Canadienne du Lait
- Commission Canadienne du Tourisme
- Commission Centrale de Sécurité
- Commission Centrale des Appareils à Pression