References in classic literature ?
Into the old man's mind had come the notion that now he could bring from God a word or a sign out of the sky, that the pres- ence of the boy and man on their knees in some lonely spot in the forest would make the miracle he had been waiting for almost inevitable.
It was belong to a great man, very rich, like what you not got here; many fields, many forests, many big house.
At length the sun set in a flood of glory, behind the distant western hills, and as darkness drew its veil around the secluded spot the sounds of preparation diminished; the last light finally disappeared from the log cabin of some officer; the trees cast their deeper shadows over the mounds and the rippling stream, and a silence soon pervaded the camp, as deep as that which reigned in the vast forest by which it was environed.
We had passed through a great forest on which stood myriads of trees, some gay with blossoms, others rich with fruits.
How he haunts this forest, and carries a book with him a big, heavy book, with iron clasps; and how this ugly Black Man offers his book and an iron pen to everybody that meets him here among the trees; and they are to write their names with their own blood; and then he sets his mark on their bosoms.
The suggestion of mystery and the supernatural which haunts the forest at all times is intensified by this unearthly glow.
You shall climb the path and enter a gloomy forest.
A most sensible grievance of those aggrieved times were the Forest Laws.
I'll tell you, Christine, dear: it is because of the forest next door.
Then we went back to the forest together and dug a mighty trench in which we buried the elephant I had killed, in order that when it became a skeleton my master might return and secure its tusks.
He had taken a dreary road, darkened by all the gloomiest trees of the forest, which barely stood aside to let the narrow path creep through, and closed immediately behind.
They were obliged to camp out that night under a large tree in the forest, for there were no houses near.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- foreskin of penis
- Foreskin restoration
- Foreskin restoration
- Foresnic dentistry
- Forest & Forest Products Employment Skills Company
- Forest & Trees
- Forest Action Network
- Forest Alliance of British Columbia
- Forest and Biodiversity Conservation Alliance
- Forest and Fishery Products Division
- Forest and forestry
- Forest and Other Wooded Land
- Forest and Range Evaluation Program
- Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
- Forest and Rangeland Research
- Forest and Rangeland Resources Assessment Program
- Forest and Rural Fire Association of New Zealand
- Forest and Rural Fires Act
- Forest and Trees
- Forest and Watershed Geology Program
- Forest and Watershed Health Plan
- Forest and Wildlife Ecology
- Forest and Wildlife Research Center
- Forest and Wood Products Research and Development Corporation
- Forest Atmosphere Carbon Transfer and Storage
- Forest Available for Wood Supply
- Forest Based Small-Scale Enterprises
- Forest Beat/Desert Jazz
- Forest Biodiversity Expanded Programme of Work
- Forest Biology Research Cooperative
- Forest Biomass Working Group
- Forest Biometrics Research Institute
- Forest Biometry, Modelling and Information Sciences
- Forest Biosecurity Research Council