ÖH

(redirected from overheat)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to overheat: overheated
AcronymDefinition
ÖHÖsterreichische Hochschülerschaft (Austrian Student's Union)
ÖHÖver Havet (Swedish: Over the Sea)
References in periodicals archive ?
May overheat, catch fire or give electric shock Recalled July 2013
3M is recalling a Filtrete Ultra Quiet Compact Air Purifier, right, because it can overheat.
If there is not enough water in the radiator, the engine will overheat.
2 Beko fridge freezer Defrost timer may overheat and catch fire Recalled April 2011 111,675 still missing
DISHWASHERS The control panel on some Bosch, Neff and Siemens dishwashers can overheat and may lead to a fire.
The central bank head of Columbia has said that more rate cuts could overheat the economy.
Brian Griffiths, station manager, said: "Chip pans cause serious fires because they can very quickly overheat and then ignite.
Hamilton Sundstrand, a supplier of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products and a business unit of United Technologies Corp (NYSE:UTX), announced on Thursday (16 October) that the company's Kidde Aerospace & Defence unit has been selected by Gulfstream and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to supply the integrated fire and overheat protection system for the new Gulfstream G250 business jet.
Consumer Product Safety Commission, the trigger switch of the units can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
It has a baked enamel steel cabinet, a Nichrome wire non-glow element, an "On" light and a "Caution" overheat light, an overheating shutdown system--which restarts after it cools down--an internal high-limit back- up safety fuse, an internal high-limit thermostat with automatic On/Off setting, a large-dial thermostat temperature control, and a switch for either fan-only summer cooling, fan-forced low (750 W) or high (1500 W) wattage modes.
If you don't take them off daily and blow them out, the filters clog up and components start to overheat.
A Leamington fire station spokesman said a faulty extractor caused a kiln to overheat and fill the premises with smoke, but that built-in safety measures stopped it getting out of hand.