References in periodicals archive ?
Ten reps of a weight the subject felt comfortable lifting (40 to 60% 1-RM) were performed to warm-up the muscles.
The initial resistance load applied to determine 1-RM was 80% 1-RM-E, and if the subject was able to perform more than 1 complete movement, the load was increased by 10% 1-RM-E after a 5-min rest interval between trials.
No entanto, no exercicio com maior volume e producao de lactato (aumento de 245,45%) que correspondeu ao protocolo supino reto a 60% de uma 1-RM houve reducoes quantitativamente maiores na PIO, e, alem disso, a queda foi significativa nos dois olhos (Tamura e colaboradores, 2013).
Participants in the ML group trained with a load of 70% 1-RM for 2 sets of 10 repetitions before performing the third set to failure.
Em relacao a forca muscular aferida pelo Teste de 1-RM, nao foi detectada diferenca entre os grupos analisados.
The resistance exercise consisted of bilateral leg squats (1 repetition/2 sec) at 50% of 1-RM for eight sets with 1-minute intervals based on a previous study  and preliminary test in our laboratory.
Both muscular strength (1-RM) and endurance (multiple RM; m-RM) were evaluated using the leg-press, the chest-press, and the lat pull-down machines (Panatta Sport, Apiro, MC, Italy).
Intensity level Patient description (i) On active cancer treatment LMI (ii) <8 weeks posttreatment (iii) * Reduced physical level (i) On established hormone therapy MHI (ii) 8 weeks after completion of active treatment (iii) * Expected physical level Intensity level HRR BORG 1-RM (RPE) 0-10 LMI 40-60% 3-4 40-60% MHI 60-80% 4-6 60-70% HRR, heart rate reserve; BORG (0-10), modified rating of perceived exertion scale; 1-RM, one-repetition maximum.
The initial exercise intensity started with 60% of 1-RM and progressed with 1-2% of the 1-RM every four weeks to 65% of 1-RM for the last four weeks of the program.
(1) Participants in the study included 60 healthy, resistance-trained males aged 18 to 30, with a body mass index between 18.5 and 30 kg/[m.sup.2], divided into four groups that received a placebo, Setria Glutathione (1 gram), L-citrulline (2 grams), or a combination of Setria Glutathione (200mg) and L-citrulline (2 grams) for 1 week.' To measure the impact of supplementation or placebo during the 7-day study period, the groups were evaluated after completing resistance exercise sessions, including 3 sets of 15 repetitions at 70% to 75% of the estimated 1-RM involving the elbow flexors.
--Avaliacao da Forca Muscular: Avaliada pelo teste de repeticoes maximas, conforme protocolo encontrado em (Guedes e Guedes, 2006), onde o individuo pode realizar ate 20 repeticoes maximas para calcular a estimativa de carga equivalente a 1-RM (uma repeticao maxima).
The American Heart and Stroke Association recommend that strength training be conducted at 50-80% of the 1-repetition maximum (1-RM) for 10-15 repetitions for 2-3 days per week, and that resistance be increased as tolerance permits for people with stroke (Billinger et al 2014).
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- 1-pass color
- 1-pass color printer
- 1-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase
- 1-phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase gamma 1
- 1-phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase gamma-1
- 1-phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase gamma-2
- 1-propylphosphonic acid
- 1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate dehydrogenase
- 1-Pyrroline-5-Carboxylate Reductase
- 1-Pyrroline-5-Carboxylate Synthase
- 1-Pyrroline-5-Carboxylate Synthetase
- 1-Tetradecylperhydroazepine N-Oxide
- 1-Tetradecylpyrrolidine N-Oxide
- 1-wire bus