References in periodicals archive ?
(151.) See Robertson, supra note 120 ("[T]he only authority which can pronounce a verdict that will be widely accepted beyond the US is not `12 angry men' in New York, but a panel of distinguished jurists, some from Muslim countries, at an international criminal court."); ABCNY Report, supra note 67, at 39 ("to avoid the spectacle of Judeo-Christian civilization sitting combined in judgment on the Muslim civilization--an image some say Bin Laden seeks to foster--participation by Islamic judges would be necessary.").
Because of the ABCNY's policy, domestic partners of employees are eligible to receive family rates for medical insurance and to receive the same treatment as spouses when they are the beneficiaries of term life insurance coverage.
ABCNY executives also continue to seek for their members medical insurance that covers domestic partners.
Clients will call the ABCNY's and the New York County Lawyer's Legal Referral Service ("LRS") hotline (212) 626-7373 or 7374, if they speak Spanish.
In the meanwhile, if any volunteers need emotional support after interviewing their September 11th client, feel free to contact Eileen Travis, CSW, who is the director of the ABCNY's Lawyers Assistance Program at (212)302-5787.
There is much to learn from the ABCNY Fund Report in that regard.
The ABCNY Fund Report chronicles the unprecedented level of voluntarism from the bar in the wake of the terrorist acts.
(58) As the YLD Disaster Legal Services Hotline Manual states, "[i]t is not unusual for participating attorneys not to be experts in the particular areas on which they are being consulted." (59) In New York, the hotline volunteers received manuals and information sheets on how to deal with various legal matters, but as the ABCNY Fund Report intimates, there is no substitute for real in-depth expertise in the particular area.
As described in the ABCNY Fund Report, senior Legal Aid lawyers staffed the legal services table at the Disaster Assistance Service Center at 141 Worth Street, every day from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
(6.) ABCNY FUND, ET AL., supra note 1, at 840; NY Lawyers Answer 9/11 Call, supra note 5.
(9.) ABCNY FUND, ET AL., supra note 1, at 843-868 (finding, in Part I of the Report, that the legal community's response was coordinated among the courts, bar associations, legal service organizations, the private bar, insurance counsel, government attorneys and law schools).
(18.) See, e.g., ABCNY FUND, ET AL., supra note 1, at 907 (noting shortcomings of the post 9/11 legal relief efforts and commenting that "although many needs continue to exist, the rush of legal volunteers has diminished").
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Abciximab/ReoPro in Emergent Stroke Treatment Trial
- ABCL/1 (programming language)
- ABCL/1 programming language
- ABCL/c plus
- ABCL/c plus (programming language)
- ABCL/c plus programming language
- ABCL/R (programming language)
- ABCL/R programming language
- ABCL/R2 (programming language)
- ABCL/R2 programming language
- ABCO IHH
- abcoulomb centimeter
- abcoulomb per cubic centimeter
- abcoulomb per square centimeter