References in periodicals archive ?
For example, both the AIDWYC and the Canadian Council of Criminal Defence Lawyers expressed hope that the process would be revamped to account for the lack of independence permeating the conviction review process.
(70) See AIDWYC's testimony: Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs, 37th Parl, 1st Sess, No 20 (5 December 2011); Testimony of William Trudell, Chair of the Canadian Council of Criminal Defence Lawyers: Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs, 37th Parl, 1st Sess, No 21 (6 December 2001).
(15) See, e.g., Sean Macdonald, Erin Walsh Exonerated After 33 Years, AIDWYC J., Spring 2008, at 3 (reporting that the wrongfully accused received a stay as opposed to an acquittal).
AIDWYC filed a 700-page report detailing suppressed evidence, as well as the mishandling of forensics, and a flawed investigation which caused the miscarriage of justice.
AIDWYC has proposed the institution of an independent review commission for those who have been convicted wrongly.
AIDWYC Case Review Process, AIDWYC, http://www.aidwyc.org/ AIDWYC_Case_Review_Process.html (last visited June 13, 2011); INNOCENCE PROJECT, supra note 1.
The team is part of the Association in Defence of the Wrongly Convicted (AIDWYC), an organization formed in 1993 to increase public awareness of the need for a credible review process for potential wrongful convictions.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- AIDS-Related Virus
- AIDS/HIV Care Access Project
- AIDS/HIV Health Alternatives
- AIDS/Life Cycle
- Aiducation International
- Aiea Bay State Recreation Area
- Aiea-Pearl City Business Association