References in periodicals archive ?
A previous action day had been scheduled in October but the ATCEUC had called it off after it had received assurances that its concerns on the balance between safety and efficiency would be dealt with.
"Last October, ATCEUC was given assurances that the EC was finally willing to discuss our views on the performance scheme, regarding the lack of real safety targets and the unrealistic cost efficiency targets," an ATCEUC statement said.
"Less than five years have passed since the adoption of Single European Sky II (SES2) and despite its overambitious targets, which have not yet been reached, the EC is trying to change again the legislative framework for aviation in Europe by setting even more unrealistic targets," the ATCEUC statement said.
The ATCEUC has been calling for the EC to take their views on board and to redraft its proposal because the unrealistic cost reduction and the unreasonable traffic forecast would endanger the Air Navigation Service Provider's (ANSP) ability to continue the safe provision of air navigation services.
"The ATCEUC has no doubts that the EC will continue to push forward with its attempt to cut costs without taking into account the interdependencies of the whole system," it said.
In a press release, the association explains that "ATCEUC has decided to give a new opportunity for dialogue and expects that the European Commission takes this opportunity to effectively listen to social partners".
The ATCEUC is complaining about the performance targets the Commission wants to see in the chain of air traffic control services between 2015-2019.
In a general assembly meeting in Malta on Friday, the ATCEUC decided to cancel the Europe-wide day of action planned for its 14,000 members to protest against the European Commission's (EC) attempt to deregulate the profession.
According to a released statement on Monday, the decision was taken after the EC requested an urgent meeting with the board of ATCEUC, which received assurances that the Commission would take their views into account regarding the Single European Sky II (SES2+) and Reference Period 2 (RP2) targets for the coming period.
The work stoppage across Europe will not go ahead as planned on Thursday but ATCEUC does not rule out taking action in the future if discussions with the EC do not bear fruit.
The ATCEUC believes the real objectives behind the proposed changes in SES2+ and RP2 are: to liberalise the provision ofAirNavigation Services, deregulate the working conditions of thousands of staff in ATM, and eventually put this essential public interest service in the hands of a few wealthy individuals and companiesthat havebeen lobbying to this effect.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- ATCCIS Information Resource Dictionary
- ATCCS Architecture Diagrams and Spreadsheets
- ATCCS Common Software
- ATCCS Common Software Working Group
- ATCCS Configuration Control Board
- ATCCS Engineering Network
- ATCCS Interoperability Working Group
- ATCCS Layered Telecommunications Model
- ATCCS Program Control Center
- ATCCS Program Master Schedule
- ATCCS Simulation and Models Technical Review Committee
- ATCCS Steering Committee
- ATCCS System Design Review
- ATCCS System Preliminary Design Review
- ATCCS System Requirements Review
- ATCCS Test Office
- Atchafalaya (disambiguation)
- Atchafalaya Basin Floodway
- Atchafalaya Basin Floodway System
- Atchafalaya Basin Levee District
- Atchafalaya National Wildlife Refuge
- Atchafalaya River
- Atchison County
- Atchison County Community High School
- Atchison County Historical Society
- Atchison County, Kansas
- Atchison County, KS
- Atchison County, Missouri
- Atchison County, MO
- Atchison Heritage Conference Center
- Atchison, David Rice
- Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe
- Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad