References in periodicals archive ?
AMMSA stands for Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta, the name of the organization that publishes Windspeaker.
On this trip, Anna focused on the Peace River and High Level areas, and I was along for the ride as a writer for Alberta Sweetgrass and radio reporter for CFWE - both subsidiaries of the Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta.
At the beginning of the interview MacLeod noted a potential conflict of interest on Windspeaker's part because our parent society, the Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta (AMMSA), operates a radio station.
"In the late 80s, Kim drew cartoons, took photographs, wrote feature stories and designed Windspeaker when it was a weekly, provincial newspaper," said Bert Crowfoot, headman of the Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta's (AMMSA)
Back then, in March 1983, the paper was published as AMMSA (Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta), and came out every week, covering the news and events affecting Aboriginal people in Northern Alberta.
"One of the biggest challenges was getting a network of distributors set up in the communities so listeners could purchase their bingo cards locally," said Carol Russ, director of finance for the Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta (AMMSA).
What started as a distant dream has become a reality for the Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta (AMMSA), publishers of Windspeaker and owner-operators of CFWE, the Native Perspective, an Aboriginal radio station that can be heard across Alberta.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Aboriginal Human Resource Development Council
- Aboriginal Human Resources Development Council of Canada
- Aboriginal Human Resources Development Strategy
- Aboriginal International Business Development
- Aboriginal Islander Dance Theatre
- Aboriginal Islander Skills Development Scheme
- Aboriginal Justice Advisory Council
- Aboriginal Justice Implementation Commission
- Aboriginal Justice Learning Network
- Aboriginal Justice Plan
- Aboriginal Justice Society
- Aboriginal Land Council of Tasmania
- Aboriginal Land Rights Act of 1983
- Aboriginal Land Rights Support Group
- Aboriginal Lands Trust
- Aboriginal Languages and Literacy Institute
- Aboriginal Leadership Institute Inc.
- Aboriginal Learner Data Collection Initiative
- Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement Inc
- Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia
- Aboriginal Legal Services of Toronto
- Aboriginal Literacy and Parenting Skills
- Aboriginal Living Skills School
- Aboriginal Local Government Association of Queensland Inc.
- Aboriginal Mapping Network
- Aboriginal Media Services
- Aboriginal Medical Service
- Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory
- Aboriginal Mental Health Research Team
- Aboriginal Mental Health Unit
- Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta
- Aboriginal Music Program
- Aboriginal National Network Initiative
- Aboriginal National Theatre Trust
- Aboriginal Nations Super League
- Aboriginal Native Title Elders Consultants
- Aboriginal Nurses Association of Canada
- Aboriginal People's Awareness Week
- Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards
- Aboriginal peoples in Canada
- Aboriginal Peoples Survey
- Aboriginal Peoples TV Network
- Aboriginal Peoples' Television Network
- Aboriginal Police Liaison Officer
- Aboriginal Political Action Committee
- Aboriginal Professional Center and Internet Services
- Aboriginal Public Administration
- Aboriginal Rental Housing Program
- Aboriginal Representative Organizations Program
- Aboriginal Resource Consultants
- Aboriginal Rights Coalition
- Aboriginal Rights Coalition of British Columbia
- Aboriginal School Based Traineeships
- Aboriginal Sexual Health Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal Sexual Health Worker
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Partnership Program
- Aboriginal Strategy on HIV/AIDS in Canada
- Aboriginal Student Support and Parent Awareness
- Aboriginal Students' Centre
- Aboriginal Studies Electronic Data Archive
- Aboriginal Support and Planning Unit