References in periodicals archive ?
"There was the noise of a submarine, which was funny as we were in the air, not under water!" The winners were also given a tour of Action for Blind People's resource centre at RNIB's head office near King's Cross Station.
Action for Blind People's mobile Sight Loss Information Service, packed with the latest aids, equipment and specialist advice for blind and partially sighted people, will be visiting St Asaph, Holyhead, Porthmadog and Bala.They will be in the area over four days from June 15, at the invitation of HM Stanley Hospital and North Wales Society for the Blind.
Run by Action for Blind People, the club provides opportunities for children and young people to get involved in a range of fun and challenging sporting and social activities, with the aim of building confidence and making new friends.
Rachel Guest, 25, from High Heaton, has taken part in Xtreme off-road driving, during the launch of a series of Life Skills Boot Camps, run by Action for Blind People and funded by a PS165,000 grant from the Big Lottery Fund (BLF).
Unfortunately Action for Blind People has found that blind and partially-sighted youngsters often aren't given a sporting chance, many finding themselves left out of PE.
With four in 10 Scots not having their eyes checked on a regular basis, Boots Opticians, supported by RNIB and Action for Blind People, have launched the Great Big Eye Check.
Action for Blind People says over quarter of adults haven't had an eye test in the last two years because at pounds 24 it's too expensive.
Action for Blind People said one sight assessment every two years would cost only the equivalent of pounds 1 per month.
With help from Action for Blind People and The Prince's Trust she launched Open Eyed - a business offering a range of services including disability equality staff training, sign language interpreters, web accessibility and tactile signage.
Action for Blind People is looking for volunteers to make a fundraising jump.
Kaeden Booth, eight, from Berry Brow (pictured right), was one of 100 youngsters to compete in the Actionnaires Athletics Day, run by Action for Blind People.
Established by Action for Blind People (Action), the initiative comes after recent research which reported that 90% of visually impaired people questioned said that they would have benefited from information from an Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) before being diagnosed with sight loss.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Action Educative en Milieu Ouvert
- action entries
- Action Entry
- Action Entry Panel
- Action Environment Ltd
- Action Environmental, Inc.
- Action Environnement Beauvechain
- Action Européenne des Handicapés
- Action Evaluation Research Institute
- Action Ex Contractu
- Action Ex Delicto
- Action Experience Learning
- Action Express
- Action Extreme Team
- Action figure
- Action Figure Authority
- Action Figure Federation
- Action Figure Xpress
- Action figures
- Action Figures and Collectible Toys
- action file
- Action for a Better Community
- Action for a Better Living Environment
- Action for a Common Future
- Action for Ability Development and Inclusion
- Action for Aboriginal Rights
- Action for Advocacy
- Action for Agricultural Renewal in Maharashtra
- Action for AIDS
- Action for Animals
- Action for Blind People
- Action for Boston Community Development
- Action for Business
- Action for Business Colleges
- Action for Change
- Action for Children and Youth Aotearoa
- Action for Children in Conflict
- Action for Children's Education
- Action for Children's Television
- Action for Collective Tribal Improvement and Vocational Education
- Action for Community and Ecology in the Rainforests of Central America
- Action for Community Service Society
- Action for Conservation through Tourism
- Action for Cooperation in Economics
- action for declarator
- action for declarator
- Action for Development
- Action for Dysphasic Adults
- Action for Economic Reforms
- Action for Enterprise
- Action for ESSI News Exchange and Dissemination
- Action for Families Enduring Criminal Trauma
- Action for Gay and Lesbian Ordination
- Action for good Governance and Networking in India
- Action for Governors' Information and Training
- Action for Greater Harvest Association
- Action for Growth in the Rural Economy
- Action for Health and Independence
- Action for Health in Diabetes
- Action For Healthy Kids
- Action for Healthy Oklahoma Kids