References in periodicals archive ?
While Adaw is expressing a strongly political message here, he has chosen to frame this message within the rhythms and imagery of his cultural tradition.
This is a technique that Adaw employs consistently in his verse.
49) For Adaw, too, it was only by working through the rituals and mythology of his native culture that he has found the ability and motivation to create his own art: "[.
The fundamental goals of the Native American Theatre Ensemble, Thomas Riccio and Adaw Palaf's Moguda'ai Theatre are the affirmation of the value of Indigenous culture and the (re) integration of that culture with the world outside the community.
When Adaw returned to Tapalong to live in 2001, he focused on ways in which to draw on traditional performance styles in order to express the essential meaning of living as an Amis in contemporary Taiwan.
Taking his lead from the practice of (Ab)original Dancers, Adaw Palaf has turned away from pan-indigeneity in favor of an intensive focus on highly localized culture.
In conclusion, as with other ceremonial theatres and "people's theatres," the essential goal of Adaw Palaf's Moguda'ai Theatre experiment is to express cultural and political resistance to the incursions of a dominant culture, whether in that culture be in the form of the nation state, or of transnational consumerism.
7) Adaw Palaf [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII], "Hao xiang 'mi chao chao' A, Xian zai" [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] "[TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII]" [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] ["I So Much Want to Suckle at the Breast
10) Adaw, "Hao xiang 'mi chao chao' A, Xian zai," Part 2.
11) Li Yunyi [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII], "Dao ke da, fei chang dao: Adaw Palaf" [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] ["The Dao That Can Be Spoken Is Not the Eternal Dao: Adaw Palaf"], Dong hai'an pinglun [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] [Eastern Seaboard Critique] (Hualian Eastern Seaboard Critique Magazine Society [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII], 2004), 51.
14) Adaw, "Qian Ina de shou" [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] ["Holding Ina's Hand"], Renben jiaoyu zhaji[TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] [Humanist Education Notebooks] (Taipei: [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] [Humanist Education Foundation], 1998), 104.
The date given is actually August, 1992, but elsewhere Adaw states that he joined the troupe in September of 1991 (see Adaw, "Adaw tan Tapalong gewu" [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] ["Adaw Talks about the Songs and Dances of Tapalong"], Shanhai wenhua shuang yue kan [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] [Culture of the Mountain and Seas Bimonthly] 19 (1998): 27-32).
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- AdAware Free
- AdAware Plus
- AdAware Pro
- Adaware SE
- Adb (disambiguation)
- Adb (disambiguation)