References in periodicals archive ?
And to ensure a level of survivability commensurate with its helicopters' fearsome offensive qualities, the Army in the mid-1990s launched the development of two sophisticated and expensive self-protection EW systems: the Suite of Integrated Infrared Countermeasures (SIIRCM) from BAE Systems (Nashua, NH), built around the Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures System/Common Missile Warning System (ATIRCM/CMWS), and the Suite of Integrated Radio Frequency Countermeasures (SIRFC) from ITT (Clifton, NJ).
Lockheed Martin -- specifically Sanders -- is completing development of the Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) program.
S pecific systems and programs to be briefed include the AN/AAR-54 and AN/AAR-57 passive missile-warning systems, the Common Missile Warning System (CMWS), Navy TACAIR Directional IRCM, Large Aircraft IR Countermeasures (LAIRCM), Shipboard IRCM, the AVR-2 airborne laser detector, the VVR-1 laser warning receiver and the Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) system.
The company is also investigating, on IR&D money, the provision of IR/EO seekers that new IR countermeasures systems (i.e., the Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures system or the Directable Infrared Countermeasures system) could detect and jam.
The Sanders (Nashua, NH) Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) system is designed to misdirect missiles through the use of IR-jamming lasers.
Sanders, a Lockheed Martin Company, has established a leading position in EW with 1995 wins on the US Navy's Integrated Defensive Electronic Countermeasures (IDECM) system and the US Army's Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) programs.
The officials expressed specific distress over early warning radar, electro-optical missile warning systems and infrared countermeasures systems, such as Northrop Grumman's Nemesis Directed Infrared Countermeasures system and Lockheed Martin's Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures system.
Sanders also reported its Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) system and prototype CMWS sensors also completed successful tests on a ground vehicle against anti-tank guided missiles.
The system control unit then activates the Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) system - the jammer (a xenon flash-lamp for Bands I and II and a laser for Band IV threats) - which sends a beam of disruptive energy directly into the incoming missile seeker.
Lockheed Sanders leads the team developing the Army's Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) program, a system with which the ATRJ will interact aboard several platforms.
Air Force as well as Navy EW specialists are also closely monitoring an Army-sponsored Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) program underway at Lockheed Sanders, Nashua, NH.
Acronyms browser ?
- ADV ADLT
- Adv Dip
- Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures
Full browser ?
- Advanced Test Reactor Critical Experiment
- Advanced Test Reactor National Scientific User Facility
- Advanced Test Server
- Advanced Test Vehicle
- Advanced Testing Line for Actinide Separations
- Advanced Testing Method
- Advanced Testing Mode
- Advanced Testing Technology
- Advanced Tether Vehicle
- Advanced Text Editor
- Advanced Text Management System
- Advanced Text To Speech
- advanced the ball
- Advanced Theater Transport
- Advanced Theatre Practice
- Advanced Theory of Constraints
- Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products
- Advanced Thereapeutics
- Advanced Thermal Chip Technologies
- Advanced Thermal Hydraulic Energy Network Analyzer
- Advanced Thermal Limit Analysis System
- Advanced Thermal Moisture Protection
- Advanced Thermal Solutions, Inc
- Advanced Thermonomics Research Initiative
- Advanced Thermoplastic Composite
- Advanced Thin Film Deposition and Characterization Facility
- Advanced Thin Ionization Calorimeter
- Advanced Threat Emitter Simulator
- Advanced Threat Emitter System
- Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasure/Common Missile Warning System
- Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures
- Advanced Threat Radar Jammer
- Advanced Threat Radar Warning Receiver
- Advanced Threat Simulator
- Advanced Tilting Train
- Advanced Tiltrotor Training Unit
- Advanced Time Division Multiple Access
- Advanced Time Report
- Advanced Tiros N
- Advanced TIROS Operational Vertical Sounder
- Advanced Tissue Sciences
- Advanced Title Format
- advanced to
- Advanced Toastmaster
- Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze
- Advanced Toastmaster - Gold
- Advanced Toastmaster - Silver
- Advanced Tomahawk Weapon Control System
- Advanced Tomahawk Weapon System
- Advanced tongue root
- Advanced Tool for Option Modeling
- Advanced Tools for Rational Energy Use
- Advanced Topcoat System
- Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Topics in Bioinformatics
- Advanced Topics in High-Order Statistics
- Advanced Topics in Human Resource Management
- Advanced Topics in Java
- Advanced Topographic Development & Images
- Advanced Topometric Sensor
- Advanced Torque Transfer System