References in periodicals archive ?
These stocks were initially identified on the basis of traditional summering areas (Frost and Lowry, 1990) and later confirmed with genetic analysis (O'Corry-Crowe et al., 1997, 2002) and satellite-linked telemetry (Hauser et al., 2014; Citta et al., 2016a, b; Alaska Beluga Whale Committee, unpubl.
The Alaska Beluga Whale Committee (ABWC) was formed in 1988 to conserve beluga whales and manage beluga subsistence hunting in western Alaska in cooperation with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) (Adams et al., 1993; Fernandez-Gimenez et al., 2006).
Traditional knowledge and science in the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee. Environmental Conservation 33(4):306 315.
Working paper for the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee, Scientific Workshop, 5-7 April 1995.
Final Agreement signed in 1984) and the establishment of wildlife boards, e.g., the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee (1988) and the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board (NWMB; 1993), created a demand for TEK to be documented to inform management decision making and subsequently raised questions about how to incorporate TEK into the process (e.g., Fernandez-Gimenez et al., 2006; Gislason, 2007).
The work presented in this paper was also supported by the Marine Mammal Health and Stranding Response Program (MMHSRP) of NMFS and the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee (ABWC).
Programs, activities, and research of the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee, 2000-2001.
Minutes of the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee, 30 November-1 December, 10 p.
This project would not have been possible without the great assistance that I received from each participant, who contributed his or her time, knowledge, and trust; from the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee, which provided funding and moral support; from the Cook Inlet Marine Mammal Council, which helped set up the interviews and introduce me to the region; from the National Marine Fisheries Service, which helped with all aspects of the project; and from the North Slope Borough, which administered the funds for the project.
This project was funded mostly by a grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee. Additional support was provided by the North Slope Borough Department of Wildlife Management, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, the National Marine Mammal Laboratory of the National Marine Fisheries Service, and the North Slope Borough Grants Division and School District.
Proceedings of the Alaska Beluga Whale Committee First Conference on the Biology of Beluga Whales, April 5 - 7, 1995, Anchorage, Alaska.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Alaska Air Carriers Association
- Alaska Air Group
- Alaska Air Group, Inc.
- Alaska Air National Guard
- Alaska Airlines
- Alaska Airlines, Inc., Alaska
- Alaska Alliance for Direct Service Careers
- Alaska and Polar Regions
- Alaska Area Institutional Review Board
- Alaska Area Native Health Service
- Alaska Army National Guard
- Alaska Arts Education Consortium
- Alaska Association for Career and Technical Education
- Alaska Association of Assessing Officers
- Alaska Association of Chiefs of Police
- Alaska Association of Conservation Districts
- Alaska Association of Elementary School Principals
- Alaska Association of Harbormasters and Port Administrators
- Alaska Association of Mortgage Brokers
- Alaska Association of School Business Officials
- Alaska Association of School Librarians
- Alaska Association of Student Financial Aid
- Alaska Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Alaska Association of Student Governments
- Alaska Association of the Deaf
- Alaska Attachment and Bonding Associates
- Alaska Autism Resource Center
- Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum
- Alaska Barrel Racers Association
- Alaska Behavioral Health Association
- Alaska Beluga Whale Committee
- Alaska Bible College
- Alaska Biological Science Center
- Alaska Birch
- Alaska Bird Observatory
- Alaska Birth Defects Registry
- Alaska blackfish
- Alaska blackfish
- Alaska Board of Fisheries
- Alaska Board of Nursing
- Alaska Boating Association
- Alaska Boating Safety Advisory Council
- Alaska Boreal Forest Council
- Alaska Botanical Gardens
- Alaska boundary dispute
- Alaska Boundary Tribunal
- Alaska Brain Injury Network, Inc.
- Alaska Breast Cancer Advocacy Partners
- Alaska Building Science Network
- Alaska Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Enforcement
- Alaska Bureau of Wildlife Enforcement
- Alaska Business Development Center, Inc.
- Alaska Canada Rail Link
- Alaska Career Information System
- Alaska cedar
- Alaska cedar
- Alaska Center for Children and Adults
- Alaska Center for Energy and Power
- Alaska Center for Rural Health
- Alaska Center for the Performing Arts
- Alaska Charter School Association