References in periodicals archive ?
Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care. The coalition of 14 national nursing home chains that developed as an industry advocacy group during long-term care's post-Medicare PPS difficulties has opted for a corporate-based approach to Quality First.
"The individuals who rely on Medicaid for skilled nursing care have more medically complex needs than ever before, and this immediate infusion of funds is vital to ensuring their needs can be met," the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care said in a statement following passage by the House of the extension of the enhanced Medicaid Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP), which provides the additional resources.
Flawed reimbursement system or not, funding increases are always appreciated, and weeks before the Medicare reform bill came to a final vote, AHCA and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care announced that their members will dedicate about 80% of the recently implemented 3.26% Medicare funding adjustments to hands on caregiving.
The initiative--Quality First: A Covenant for Healthy, Affordable, and Ethical Long--Term Care--involves the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (AAHSA), the American Health Care Association (AHCA), and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care. Together, these organizations represent some 17,000 skilled nursing facilities and several thousand providers of seniors housing, assisted living, and community services.
The Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care (the Alliance) released a study that said minority skilled nursing home residents could be disproportionately affected by Medicaid payment shortfalls.
The initiative by AHCA, AAHSA and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care (a coalition of major national provider chains that care for thousands of elderly and disabled residents annually) endorses seven core principles: continuous quality assurance and quality improvement; public disclosure and accountability; patient/resident and family rights; workforce excellence; public input and community involvement; ethical practices; and financial stewardship.
AHCA and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care have introduced a television spot in which a voiceover warns of the proposed 17 percent cut.
On September 28, the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care (Alliance) released what they called "the nursing, post-acute, short-term and rehabilitative sector's first comprehensive report examining quality trends in the nation's nursing homes."
Word of the coming MedPAC recommendation was met with strong opposition from the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care (Alliance) and the American Health Care Association (AHCA), which took the opportunity to link support for the nursing home industry with efforts by the Obama administration to bolster the lagging economy.
For months, the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care and the American Health Care Association (AHCA) tried to convince the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that its plan to cut nursing home payments by $770 million in fiscal year 2009 to compensate for a miscalculation by the agency was unfair and would be harmful, ultimately, to patients and their caregivers.
Not so fast, says the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care, which have mobilized allies on Capitol Hill to protest the changes and the resulting payment reductions.
The Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care has protested that recommendation repeatedly calling it "flawed and not reflective of the true economic conditions" faced by nursing homes today.
Acronyms browser ?
- All ER
- Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care
Full browser ?
- Alliance for Neighborhood Commerce Home Ownership and Revitalization
- Alliance for New Jersey Environmental Education
- Alliance for Non-Custodial Parents Rights
- Alliance for Nonlinear Optics
- Alliance for Nonprofit Development
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management
- Alliance for Nonviolent Communication
- Alliance for North Texas Healthy Effective Marriages
- Alliance for Nuclear Accountability
- Alliance for Ontario Universities
- Alliance for Open Media
- Alliance for Paired Donation, Inc.
- Alliance for Parental Involvement in Education
- Alliance for Patients' Mutual Help Organizations
- Alliance for Patriotic Reorientation and Construction
- Alliance for Peace and Justice in the Middle East
- Alliance for People with Disabilities
- Alliance for Photonic Technology
- Alliance for Preserving the Truth of Sino-Japanese War
- Alliance for Productive Technology
- Alliance for Progress
- Alliance for Progress Charter School
- Alliance for Progressive Values
- Alliance for Prostate Cancer Prevention
- Alliance for Psychosocial Nursing
- Alliance for Public Technology
- Alliance for Quality Education
- Alliance for Quality Growth
- Alliance for Quality Health Care
- Alliance for Quality Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy
- Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care
- Alliance for Quality Teaching
- Alliance for Quality Urban Education
- Alliance for Rail Competition
- Alliance for Rational Intercarrier Compensation
- Alliance for Recovery Advocates
- Alliance for Reform of Drug Policy in Arkansas
- Alliance for Regional Military Support
- Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities
- Alliance for Research on National Security Issues
- Alliance for Responsible Atmospheric Policy
- Alliance for Responsible Energy Policy
- Alliance for Responsible Land Use in Deschutes County
- Alliance for Responsible Mining
- Alliance for Responsible Pet Ownership
- Alliance for Responsible Trade
- Alliance for Responsible Use of Chlorine Chemistry
- Alliance for Retail Energy Markets
- Alliance for Retired Americans
- Alliance for Retired Americans Educational Fund
- Alliance for Retirement Prosperity
- Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies
- alliance for safety
- Alliance for Saturation Church Planting
- Alliance for School Choice
- Alliance for Secure Computing Education in North Texas
- Alliance for Sexual Assault Awareness
- Alliance for Small Business Investment in Technology
- Alliance for Social and Ecological Consumer Organisations
- Alliance for Social Justice and Family Values Association
- Alliance for Social, Political, Ethical and Cultural Thought