References in classic literature ?
The morning of Powell's departure was, like nearly all Arizona mornings, clear and beautiful; I could see him and his little pack animals picking their way down the mountainside toward the valley, and all during the morning I would catch occasional glimpses of them as they topped a hog back or came out upon a level plateau.
Under the clear rays of the Arizona moon lay Powell, his body fairly bristling with the hostile arrows of the braves.
It was now morning, and, with the customary lack of dawn which is a startling characteristic of Arizona, it had become daylight almost without warning.
Instantly my brain cleared and there swept back across the threshold of my memory the vivid picture of the horrors of that ghostly Arizona cave; again, as on that far-gone night, my muscles refused to respond to my will and again, as though even here upon the banks of the placid Hudson, I could hear the awful moans and rustling of the fearsome thing which had lurked and threatened me from the dark recesses of the cave, I made the same mighty and superhuman effort to break the bonds of the strange anaesthesia which held me, and again came the sharp click as of the sudden parting of a taut wire, and I stood naked and free beside the staring, lifeless thing that had so recently pulsed with the warm, red life-blood of John Carter.
In early boyhood I tired of the teeming cities and overcrowded rural districts of Arizona. Every generation of Turcks for over two centuries has been represented in the navy.
Cheyne, in the boudoir state-room, where the French maid, sallow-white with fear, clung to the silver door-handle, only moaned a little and begged her husband to bid them "hurry." And so they dropped the dry sands and moon-struck rocks of Arizona behind them, and grilled on till the crash of the couplings and the wheeze of the brake-hose told them they were at Coolidge by the Continental Divide.
"The next I heard of Frank was that he was in Montana, and then he went prospecting in Arizona, and then I heard of him from New Mexico.
The Arizona Technology Council, in partnership with the Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA), will honor technology leaders and innovators from across the state at the 16th annual Governor's Celebration of Innovation Awards (GCOI) on October 24, 2019, at the Phoenix Convention Center, the company said.
Phoenix, AZ, July 12, 2019 --(PR.com)-- Local First Arizona Foundation debuts its new website with improved online directory and statewide resources for consumers and food entrepreneurs to grow, taste and discover local food in Arizona.
And while every day we face the challenges of border security, humanitarian issues and emerging threats to free trade, our cooperative relationship with Mexico has resulted in thousands of new jobs, immense cultural exchange and a border that functions efficiently for the benefit of both Arizona and Mexico.
AMS Short Course: Integrating NWP System Components Using Container Technology, 5 January, Phoenix, Arizona
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Ariwara Narihira
- Ariwara no Narihira
- Arixo Air Defense Force
- Ariya Imperial Force
- Ariz. State Univ.
- Arize Habitat Bois
- Arize Informatique Services
- Arizona (genus)
- Arizona (state)
- Arizona (state)
- Arizona (state)
- Arizona Academic Administrators Association
- Arizona Academic Advising Articulation Task Force
- Arizona Academy of Real Estate
- Arizona Accelerator Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Arizona Administrative Office of the Courts
- Arizona Adopt a Greyhound, Inc.
- Arizona Advance Directive Registry
- Arizona Adventure Riders Group
- Arizona Advisory Council on Environmental Education
- Arizona Agent Realty Marketing and Learning Solutions
- Arizona Agricultural Teachers Association
- Arizona Agriculture and Equine Center
- Arizona Aircraft Storage Branch
- Arizona Alder
- Arizona Alfa Romeo Owners Club
- Arizona Alliance for Peaceful Justice
- Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans
- Arizona Alliance of Computer Clubs
- Arizona Alzheimer's Consortium
- Arizona Amateurs on Television
- Arizona American Water
- Arizona and California Railroad
- Arizona and Eastern Railway
- Arizona and New Mexico
- Arizona Angel Investment Conference
- Arizona Animal Rescue and Sanctuary