References in periodicals archive ?
For users, 4D_Additive makes it easy to define textures on the CAD model, simply choosing the desired B-Rep areas and a matching texture from the database.
Especially when the input model of components come from CAD software, it is important to take advantage of the B-Rep NURBS description to strengthen the algorithms and obtain a more transparent access to the behavior of the assembly components in the simulation framework.
* The ability to import and convert assemblies and B-rep geometry from SolidWorks[R] and Inventor[R] formats.
Native interfaces read not only the B-REP data, but also the history and parametrics of the CAD models directly from the native data.
- pure primitive instancing (PPI), - spatial occupancy enumeration (SOE), - cell decomposition (CD), - sweeping (S), - constructive solid geometry (CSG), and - boundary representation (B-Rep).
"The dirty little secret" in computer-aided design (CAD), says Dan Staples, Siemens PLM vice president of product development, are the "challenges" in making generative design, additive manufacturing (AM) and reverse engineering "a cohesive whole." The problem revolves around faceted (mesh) versus B-rep (feature-based) models, and that never the twain shall meet--without some modern-day technology.
More than just a viewer, 3D_Analyzer[c] reads both feature-based and B-REP models.
* The ability to remove B-rep face geometry to produce inner-and outer-mold-line representations for visualization, simulation and OEM-supplier data exchange.
The earliest solid modeling systems for mechanical design were based on the boundary representation (B-rep) approach.
For starters, it can import STL files (as well as other meshed geometry files) and keep those files as boundary representations (B-rep; solids).
* JT files can be read and written in both visualization and B-Rep forms.
Although in the past IGES solid model support was limited to the constructive solid geometry (CSG) approach, the B-Rep method is used by most of the leading CAD vendors.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- B-Plant Immobilization Pilot Plant
- b-Polyethylene Block Copolymer
- B-Raf proto-oncogene serine/threonine-protein kinase
- B-roll footage
- B-roll footage
- B-s meson
- B-scan ultrasonography
- B-Segment Luxury Sedan
- B-site amyloid precursor protein (APP) cleaving enzyme