References in periodicals archive ?
He and three fellow BORTAC agents were summoned to Peck Canyon, one of the many rural pathways alongside Interstate 19 that are notorious as transport routes for smugglers of drugs, humans, and other contraband.
Agent Brian Terry's BORTAC Unit reportedly confronted at least five bandits in the darkened ravine.
* Agent Terry's BORTAC Unit was under orders to use non-lethal "beanbag" loads; the bandits responded with WASR-10s, a variant of the Russian AK-47 assault rifles.
* Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano declared that the U.S.-Mexico border is more secure than it has ever been, but does not explain how, if this is true, a group of heavily armed men (all of whom had previous criminal records and had been previously deported) was able to penetrate more than 15 miles into the United States, fire on Border Patrol agents with guns provided courtesy of the ATF, kill a BORTAC agent, and then (at least one of them, supposedly the killer) escape on foot all the way back across the border.
Tactical Response Training: At the request of the State Department's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, CBP's Border Tactical Unit (BORTAC) conducts training focused on South and Central American countries and also participates in training for the Drug Enforcement Administration's Foreign-Deployed Advisory Support Teams bound for Afghanistan.
Enforcement Affairs, CBP-USBP's Border Tactical Unit (BORTAC) conducts training of foreign law enforcement agencies in an effort to intervene early in the drug smuggling process.
In 2006, agents from the Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC), in coordination with the Department of State, conducted training and acted in an advisory capacity to law enforcement personnel in 2 Central American countries.
Since its inception in 1984, BORTAC has developed and maintained a motivated and well-trained tactical cadre able to meet a constantly evolving threat.
BORTAC agents were deployed to Panama, to support the Panamanian Government and Law Enforcement Office at traffic checkpoints.
In 1984, elite Border Patrol squads known as Border Patrol Tactical Teams (BORTACS) began receiving special paramilitary training, and by 1989 Congress had authorized 5,000 federal troops for border duty.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- borsht circuit
- Borsieri line
- Borsieri sign
- Borsieri, Giovanni Battista
- Borsig Process Heat Exchanger
- Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén (county)
- Borst, Maximilian
- Borst-Jadassohn epithelioma
- Borst-Jadassohn phenomenon
- Borst-Jadassohn type intraepidermal epithelioma
- borstal system
- bort bit
- Borten, Per
- Bortezomib, Thalidomide and Dexamethasone
- Bortkevich, Genrikh
- Bortkevich, Genrikh Stanislavovich
- Bortkiewicz, Vladislav
- Bortkiewicz, Vladislav Iosifovich
- Bortnianskii, Dmitrii
- Bortnianskii, Dmitrii Stepanovich
- Bortniansky, Dmitri Stepanovich