References in periodicals archive ?
The Student t test was used to evaluate differences between the BSCC specimens and the SCC controls on PCNA staining.
The 15 patients with BSCC ranged in age from 52 to 80 years (mean: 61.7 [+ or -] 8.3) (table 1), and the 15 controls ranged from 45 to 72 years (mean: 54.9 [+ or -] 8.3) (table 2).
The PCNA index ranged from 38.9 to 75.4% (mean: 58.9%) in the BSCC group and from 38.9 to 72.4% (mean: 54.1%) in the control group; the difference was not statistically significant (p = 0.19; Student t test).
Eight of the 15 BSCC specimens (53.3%) showed cytoplasmic expression of bcl-2; 4 were scored 1+, 3 were scored 2+, and 1 was scored 3+ (table 1).
Survival Clinical follow-up was available for all 15 patients with BSCC. The length of follow-up ranged from 12 to 108 months (mean: 53.7 [+ or -] 31.9).
BSCC has a predilection for the supraglottic larynx, piriform sinus, and base of the tongue.
We identified 25 cases of bSCC (8 cutaneous [32%], 12 aerodigestive tract [48%], and 5 lymph node metastases [20%]) and 43 cases of BCCm (39 cutaneous (91%), and 4 metastases ).
Immunohistochemical Analysis of bSCC and BCCm Cases
(12) The sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, and negative predictive value of each immunohistochemical stain for bSCC and BCCm are summarized in Tables 2 and 3, respectively.
These tumors stained similarly to bSCC, with lack of diffuse staining for all 3 markers (Figure 4, A through D).
Overlapping morphologic features of bSCC can be seen in BCCm.
(9) Compared with the high rate of staining in BCC, BerEp4 stains a variable number of bSCC cases.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- BSc (Hons)
- BSc (Hons)
- BSC Main Processor
- BSC ro
- BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor
- BSCAN Test Capture Register Setup
- Bschawrut Enterprises Co.