References in classic literature ?
Now 'neath his dam the fawn may see, The lean Pack-wolf as cowed as he, And the tall buck, unflinching, note The fangs that tore his father's throat.
"Yet upon a night there was a dispute between two bucks--a grazing-quarrel such as ye now settle with the horns and the fore-feet--and it is said that as the two spoke together before the First of the First of the Tigers lying among the flowers, a buck pushed him with his horns, and the First of the Tigers forgot that he was the master and judge of the Jungle, and, leaping upon that buck, broke his neck.
Presently the smoke cleared, and revealed--oh, joy!--a great buck lying on its back and kicking furiously in its death agony.
"Ye see that buck," I said, pointing the animal out to the party before me.
Buck lived at a big house in the sun-kissed Santa Clara Valley.
Bernard, had been the Judge's inseparable companion, and Buck bid fair to follow in the way of his father.
"Why, Buck, they might have scalped us all, you've been so slow in coming."
"Never mind, Buck, my boy," says the old man, "you'll have show enough, all in good time, don't you fret about that.
The whole scene had passed with a rapidity that confused the female, who was unconsciously rejoicing in the escape of the buck, as he rather darted like a meteor than ran across the road, when a sharp, quick sound struck her ear, quite different from the full, round reports of her father’s gun, but still sufficiently distinct to be known as the concussion produced by firearms.
Supper being over, the redoubtable Shee-wee-she-ouaiter, for such was the simple name by which he announced himself, declared his intention of keeping company with the party for a day or two, if they had no objection; and by way of backing his self-invitation, presented the carcass of the buck as an earnest of his hunting abilities.
"A genuine buck!" Chris called out, and the next moment the mare was rising under him in a second buck.
Buck says I ought to eat all I can to keep my strength up, even if I ain't got any appetite," she said in her flat whine, reaching across Mattie for the teapot.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Buckner Beal Hall
- Buckner Funken Jazz
- Buckner Orphan Care International
- Buckner, Emory
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar, Jr.
- Bucks County
- Bucks County Association for the Education of Young Children
- Bucks County Association of Township Officials
- Bucks County Audubon Society
- Bucks County Choral Society
- Bucks County Community College
- Bucks County Community College Federation of Teachers
- Bucks County Conference and Visitors Bureau
- Bucks County Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Bucks County Country Day School
- Bucks County Courier Times
- Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance
- Bucks County Economic Development Corporation
- Bucks County Emergency Health Council
- Bucks County Folk Song Society
- Bucks County Foodshed Alliance
- Bucks County Health Improvement Partnership
- Bucks County Horse Park
- Bucks County Housing Authority
- Bucks County Housing Development Corporation
- Bucks County Housing Group
- Bucks County Industrial Development Corporation
- Bucks County International Trade Council
- Bucks County Library Network
- Bucks County Linux Users Group
- Bucks County Motorcycle Association
- Bucks County Music Educators Association
- Bucks County Office of Employment and Training
- Bucks County Parks and Recreation
- Bucks County Performing Arts Center