(redirected from Bronchoalveolar lavage)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Bronchoalveolar lavage: Induced Sputum
Category filter:
BALBaltimore (Maryland)
BALBronchoalveolar Lavage (medical)
BALBaluchi (linguistics)
BALBoite Aux Lettres
BALBreak A Leg
BALBlood Alcohol Level
BALBerry Appleman & Leiden LLP (est. 1980; various locations)
BALBangladesh Awami League (political party)
BALBenefits Administration Letter (FEHB)
BALBranch and Link
BALBap Application Layer
BALBit Allocation
BALBritish Anti-Lewisite (dimercaprol; chelating agent)
BALBritish Architectural Library (UK)
BALBibliography of American Literature
BALBasic Assembly Language
BALBoeing Australia Limited
BALBranch and Link (IBM)
BALBasic Assembler Language
BALBretagne Armor Lux (French; cycling)
BALBornova Anadolu Lisesi (Izmir, Turkey high school)
BALBaltimore Penn Station (Amtrak station code)
BALBharti Airtel Limited (India)
BALBrigate Autonome Livornesi (Italian: Autonomous Brigades of Livorno; Livorno, Italy; est. 1999)
BALBank Alfalah Limited
BALBatman, Turkey - Nearest Air Service Through Diyarbakir (Airport Code)
BALBlack Americans for Life
BALBallistiet (propellant)
BALBig Ass Light
BALBal d'Arts Légers (French dance company)
BALBureau d'Action Linguistique (French: Office Action Language; various locations)
BALBronx Academy of Letters (Bronx, New York)
BALBachelor of Academic Law (degree)
BALBusiness Assembly Language (1970's commercial accounting machines)
BALBus Arbitration Logic
BALBenguet Auto Line (bus company, Philippines)
BALBasic Aircraft Limits
Copyright 1988-2018, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
Cytology of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in bacterial pneumonia.
Evaluating the diagnostic accuracy of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay on bronchoalveolar lavage fluid: A retrospective study.
Real-time polymerase chain reaction assay on bronchoalveolar lavage: an alternative method for diagnosing chronic pulmonary schistosomiasis?
Diagnostic value of bronchoalveolar lavage and postbronchoscopic sputum cytology in peripheral lung cancer.
Four of the seven patients with [TR.sub.34]/L98H were not treated with antifungal therapy following culture; these four isolates, all from sputum or bronchoalveolar lavage, likely reflected A.
Endotracheal aspirate and Bronchoalveolar lavage samples were collected in sterile containers aseptically; Samples were taken on the day zero i.e.
Number (%) of specimens yielding concordant FilmArray results NP and BAL both positive 20 (16.0%) NP and BAL both negative 91 (72.8%) Total 111 (88.8%) Number (%) of specimens yielding discordant FilmArray results NP positive, BAL negative 8 (6.4%) NP negative, BAL positive 6 (4.8%) Total 14 (11.2%) BAL, bronchoalveolar lavage; NP, nasopharyngeal.
Atypical pneumonitis evidenced by bronchoalveolar lavage analysis and lipid staining has also been reported.
One ml from each (prepared sputum, bronchoalveolar lavage, plural fluid) specimens were transferred aseptically into three sterilized nine cm Petri dishes and 15-20 ml of pre-solidifying Sabouraud dextrose agar medium [10] were added to each plate.
Concentrations of proinflammatory cytokines interleukin-1, interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor- a , and interleukin-17 in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid