References in periodicals archive ?
The primary route by which samples get to CAHFS labs is through submissions by private veterinarians, owners and state and federal regulatory authorities (fig.
1: The route that samples from a diseased animal and the subsequent case follow through the California Animal Health and Food Safety (CAHFS) laboratory system.
The Davis lab receives a variety of avian and mammalian livestock samples for diagnostic evaluation and is the site for both the CAHFS toxicology section and the equine drug testing program.
The CAHFS lab in San Bernardino was instrumental in the diagnosis and eradication efforts during the 2002-2003 outbreak of exotic Newcastle disease, which was originally diagnosed in a backyard chicken.
Researchers within the UC system target bluetongue in a collaborative effort involving individuals at SVM, UCCE, UC Riverside, CDFA, CAHFS, USDA, and also local veterinarians and local cattle and sheep producers.
The CAHFS laboratory system then confirms these observations with laboratory findings.
Branches of the CAHFS laboratory in Davis, Turlock, Tulare and San Bernardino conduct the necropsy service, which is available to owners of fewer than 1,000 birds (chickens, turkeys, game birds and waterfowl).
Data from avian necropsy cases submitted from backyard flocks (any flock of < 1,000 birds) in the CAHFS laboratory computer database (STARLIMS 10.5.67) were compiled and analyzed.
Over the 6-year period, CAHFS received 19,539 avian submissions, 2,775 of which were Backyard Flock submissions, a significantly large percentage of all avian submissions, with a P value of < 0.0000001, increasing significantly from 3.6% (n = 173) in 2007 to 30.9% (n = 835) in 2012 (fig.
The increased popularity of keeping backyard chickens and the increased awareness of the free Backyard Flock program resulted in a 383% increase in necropsy submissions to the CAHFS laboratories over the 6 years.
The county distribution data demonstrated a substantial increase in submissions in certain counties; however, there is a potential for bias in these results due to a variation in the ease of making a submission close to a CAHFS laboratory.
2013), and Senties-Cue and Charlton (2012) reported that Marek's disease accounted for 18.6% of all SDs from backyard poultry throughout the CAHFS laboratories in the past 10 years.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Cahan, Abraham
- Cahen-Mellin integral
- Cahier Critique de Poésie
- Cahier des Charges
- Cahier des Charges des Opérations Terrain
- Cahier des Charges et Devis Généraux
- Cahier des Charges Fonctionnel
- Cahier des Charges Utilisateur
- Cahier des Clauses Administratives Générales
- Cahier des Clauses Administratives Particulières
- Cahier des Clauses Générales
- Cahier des Clauses Particulières
- Cahier des Clauses Spéciales
- Cahier des Clauses Techniques Générales
- Cahier des Clauses Techniques Particulières
- Cahier des Prescriptions Spéciales
- Cahier des Prescriptions Techniques
- Cahier Juridique de l'Electricité et du Gaz
- Cahier Spécial des Charges
- Cahiers d'Etudes Germaniques