References in periodicals archive ?
The Association of Judges in FBiH reminds that this association with the support of ABBA CEELI initiated the reform of the establishment of entity HJPCs (reactions of the Association of Judges in FBiH in 1998 when the judges were elected from the executive power), and then the unification of the entity judicial councils into a single HJPC, which still operates and whose member is Mrs.
(57) Central European and Eurasian Law Initiative (CEELI), http://www.abanet.org/rol/publications.shtml.
(192) In 2003, the American Bar Association implemented a "USAID-funded elections project assisting judges, lawyers, election officials and the general public in the run-up to Ukrainian presidential election." (193) This project was launched through the ABA's Central European and Eurasian Law Initiative (CEELI).
In addition, CEELI's American volunteers review draft constitutions and legislation.
Fox goes on to note that the comments on the draft Bulgarian antitrust law prepared by the ABA's Section of Antitrust Law (ABA task force) in the framework of the ABA Central and East European Law Initiative (CEELI), "reflect the excitement of thinking about law for a new democracy and a new economy in need of the most basic infrastructure, and in need of ground rules that will provide the right incentives for constructive exercise of the new freedom of enterprise." In the present authors' view recent politico-economic evolution in not a few DCs merits no less enthusiasm on the part of Western specialists.
Organised at the initiative of INLUCC with the assistance of the Czech Institute "CEELI" and the International Association of Women Judges, the workshop which gathers Tunisian professionals in the sectors of justice and anti-corruption fight, sheds light on the abuse of power for the purpose of sexual exploitation of women.
I'm honored to receive the center's Humanitarian Award, but I must admit that my experience and insights into international humanitarian issues have been gained on the backs of others, colleagues at the ICTY, Human Rights Watch, ABA CEELI and now ABA ROLI, who are on the front lines of the development and implementation of international humanitarian norms.
(2.) See generally The American Bar Association Central and East European Law Initiative (CEELI), Concept Paper on Specialized Courts [hereinafter CEELI], http://www.abanet.org/ceeli/publications/conceptpapers/speccourts/spc.html (providing an overview of specialized courts throughout the world).
The Florida study tour was coordinated by the ABA's CEELI. Through its volunteer legal liaison program as well as its training institute in Prague, CEELI, which also has an office in Moscow, makes available American and European legal expertise and technical assistance for emerging democracies in modifying and restructuring laws and legal systems.
Central and East European Law Initiative (CEELI) plays a central role in such efforts.
(45) Goldstone put his money where his mouth was--when approached by CEELI soon after his appointment and asked how they could assist his office, he responded, "the most important form of assistance would be to ensure the defendants were adequately represented." RICHARD J.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Ceelen, Wilhelm
- Ceelen-Gellerstadt syndrome
- Ceelen-Gellerstedt syndrome