References in periodicals archive ?
(196) In response to the persistent misgendering, misnaming, and criminalization of the victim, GLAAD (formerly the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) released a statement that addressed what it perceived to be "anti-transgender" coverage of Cemia "CeCe" Dove's murder.
Points that were noted in the GLAAD statement, in trans* and gay blogs, and more knowledgeable media sources include the fact that media coverage continued to use the wrong name when referring to the victim even when it became clear that Cemia was her preferred name.
The truth is, when someone like Cemia appears to identify as female sometimes and male other times, it's because it's still socially unacceptable (and often dangerous) to be transgender.
McCarty, Jury Convicts Audrey Bridges of Stabbing to Death Cemia "Ce Ce" Dove, Cleveland.Com (Nov.
Acoff is Cemia's legal last name, though she utilized Dove as her last name.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Cemetery and Funeral Association
- cemetery beacon
- Cemetery Consumer Service Council
- Cemetery Information Management System
- cemetery lots
- Cemetery Man
- Cemetery Operations Solutions
- Cemetery Status
- Cemex Bétons
- CEMIRT Emergency Power System