CIDP


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Financial.
Related to CIDP: CIPD
AcronymDefinition
CIDPChronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
CIDPChronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy
CIDPCanary Island Date Palm (Phoenix canariensis)
CIDPCentral Instrument Data Processor
CIDPCorporate Identity Development Process (training program)
CIDPConfédération Internationale pour Le Désarmement et La Paix (French: International Confederation for Disarmament and Peace)
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
After the diagnostic work-up and follow-up, the diagnosis of 54 (29.5%) patients were acute-onset CIDP. The remaining 129 (70.5%) patients were diagnosed GBS and its variants.
Polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP) as the name suggests is an inflammatory neuropathy of autoimmune aetiology characterised by gradually progressive involvement of sensorimotor nerves.
Any diagnosis of CIDP met criteria suggested by the European Federation of Neurological Societies & American Peripheral Nerve Society, and was rated as being "Possible," "Probable,"or "Definite" following these guidelines (17).
However, our research showed that a significant minority of patients diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy, actually have CIDP, which is far more treatable and has much better outcomes.
Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (AIDP), hypoKPP, and (in view of the recurrence) Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) were all considered in the differential diagnosis.
Enlargement of nerve roots, which is a distinct feature of hypertrophic neuropathy, has been frequently reported in neurofibromatosis and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP).[3],[4] This phenomenon can also be seen in CMT disease that caused by onion-bulb formation, but rare been reported.
He then also talked about Focal CIDP. CISP- Chronic Immune Sensory Polyradioculopathy is also treatable.
Dalakas, "Advances in the diagnosis, pathogenesis and treatment of CIDP," Nature Reviews Neurology, vol.
Labeled autoimmune indications for IVIG include ITP, Kawasaki's disease, Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP), and Multifocal Motor Neuropathy (MMN); in addition, IVIg has multiple off-label use in autoimmune indications and prevention and treatment of antibody mediated rejection (ABMR) of kidney allografts [10].
reported identical findings in a survey of patients with a history of GBS or chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP).
Ltd., NuGene International, Inc., nPharmakon, Nestle S.A., Johnson & Johnson, Episciences, Inc., CIDP Biotech India Pvt.