CMWM

AcronymDefinition
CMWMCarolina Medical Weight Management
References in periodicals archive ?
Ross replied on September 7, 1945, that DND will only pay the $200 per annum that was mutually agreed to in 1938 and, noting that they had actually already paid McGill for 1940-1941, requested that Duff forward new accounts "for the sum of $200.00 in respect of the years commencing 1 April, 1941, 42, 43, 44, and 45." The Department of National Defence paid these in early 1946, but this signaled the beginning of the end of this long-standing relationship that Abbott had forged with DND, allowing the CMWM to be cared for at McGill.
On June 24, 1947, incoming McGill Dean of Medicine Frederick Smith, MD (1903-1949), who had clearly had prior discussions with Duff, wrote McGill Principal Frank Cyril James, MD (1903-1973), that there is not enough space at the Pathological Institute to house the CMWM, that its contents "are not suitable for undergraduate teaching," and that "experience during the recent war showed that the museum in its present location was used practically not at all in the training or instruction of medical officers." Smith explains: "This latter fact ...
Smith discloses to James what happened to the CMWM stating: "Your repeated efforts to persuade the D.G.M.S.
Exactly where the CMWM had moved to is unclear from this vague statement.
Therefore, it is not currently possible to track the specimens by using his correspondence and the CMWM disappeared from November 1947 until November 1951, when through another source, they were identified as being at CFB Borden.
(67) Therefore, moving the CMWM specimens to Canada's military medical, surgical, and technical training facility seemed ideal!
Hamilton began his academic career at McGill as an assistant professor of Pathology in 1945-1946, likely the year that Duff had decided that it was time for the CMWM to go.
(66) We have not been able to identify any further useful correspondence after mid-1955 and so the CMWM was lost sometime during the last 60 years.
(14) The pathologic specimens accumulated for the CMWM were the only fallen soldiers returned to their homeland--albeit in a piecemeal fashion.