References in periodicals archive ?
With continued quality improvement in building projects after the implementation of CONQUAS in 1989, it was logical to have a quality system to assess the civil engineering work.
Each category of works has been broken down into various components for assessment according to their quality standards and tolerances as stipulated in the CE CONQUAS manual.
The final CE CONQUAS score for a project is based on the scores achieved in all assessments throughout the entire construction process.
Since its introduction in 1989, CONQUAS has been used as the basis to assess the quality of building projects.
A contractor is eligible for a preferential margin if the average CONQUAS score of their three most recently completed projects is over 65.
Obviously, the average CONQUAS scores have risen steadily and the number of contractors on the premium list has also increased.
Those contractors with high CONQUAS scores and ISO 9000 certificates will enjoy a tendering advantage for public sector projects under the premium scheme which is an important incentive for them to continue to hold up the quality standard that has been achieved.
The CIDB, through its quality and productivity promotion programme, has already developed a high-quality construction industry in the last decade and it intends to raise Singapore's construction quality standards to those of developed countries and envisages that by 2004 the average CONQUAS score of 78 points would be attained by quality-conscious contractors.
* A premium scheme to provide incentive for local contractors who have consistently attained high CONQUAS scores (1990).
* The building quality assessment service (BQAS) for assessing private sector projects using the CONQUAS scheme (1991).
* The civil engineering CONQUAS scheme and civil engineering premium scheme (1993).
CIDB, CONQUAS. The CIDB Construction Quality Assessment System, Construction Industry Development Board, Singapore, 1992.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Conotruncal anomaly face syndrome
- conotruncal anomaly-face syndrome
- conotruncal facial anomaly
- conotruncal heart malformation
- Conotruncal Heart Malformations
- Conover, Harry
- Conover, Willis
- Conowingo Dam
- Conowingo Rising Sun Christian School
- Conquer Due to Prosperity
- Conquer Hunger and Needy Together
- Conquer Online
- Conquer the Island
- Conquer the World
- Conquering Hero
- Conqueror Worm
- Conqueror Worm, The