References in periodicals archive ?
Father-of-three Mr Vaughan, who had six grandchildren, was exposed to asbestos while working at Aberthaw Power Station, which at the time he worked there was run by the Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB).
Back in her father's day, J&B was a major importer and exporter of solid fuels, holding contracts with big players such as the Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB), which was the cornerstone of the British electricity industry for nearly 40 years.
Even that will probably not be enough in itself to tackle the entrenched centralisation in the energy debate, but--thanks to the foresight of Margaret Thatcher of all people, who tried and failed to privatise the nuclear industry--we don't any more have to contend with the old Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB).
In 1985, for example, the old Central Electricity Generating Board concluded, that: "Large-scale electricity generation from solar power has the disadvantage of high cost, large demands on land area and, for the UK, low levels of solar radiation .
It had been part of the state owned Central Electricity Generating Board but after privatisation it was wholly owned by the twelve Regional Electricity Companies formed out of the twelve Area Boards.
When the Central Electricity Generating Board was in the public sector there were just 10 directors earning a total of pounds 400,000 a year.
State-run power companies such as the Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB) and the South of Scotland Electricity Board (SSEB) lost quite a bit of money during that period.
The United Kingdom's Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB) has developed an expert system for the on-line monitoring and analysis of vibration patterns exhibited by turbine generators at the nation's power plants.
For the root cause we must go back to based on the myth that the Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB) must be broken up to encourage competition.
Of course, we wouldn't be in this situation if Lady Thatcher hadn't broken up the Central Electricity Generating Board, which was one of the most efficient and profitable in the world, but was a nationalised industry.
Acronyms browser ?
- Central Electricity Generating Board
Full browser ?
- Central East Primary Care Partnership
- Central East Soccer League
- Central East-European
- Central Eastern Alps
- Central Eastern Europe Middle East & Africa
- Central Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa, Austria, Switzerland
- Central Eastern Europe/Commonwealth of Independent States
- Central Eastern European Behavioural Medicine
- Central Eastern European Exhibition Forum
- Central Eastern European University Network
- Central Eastern Rainforest Reserves of Australia
- central eclipse
- Central Economic Committee
- Central Economic Intelligence Bureau
- Central Economic Mathematical Institute
- Central Economic Mathematical Institute CEMI
- Central Economic Plan
- Central economic region
- Central economic region of Russia
- Central economy
- Central Edinburgh Traffic Management
- Central Educational Network
- Central Eglinton Community Centre
- Central El Paso Community Organization
- Central Election Commission
- Central Electric Railfans' Association
- Central Electrical and Electronics Research Institute
- Central Electricity Authority
- Central Electricity Board
- Central Electricity Generating Authority
- Central Electricity Generating Board
- Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Central Electricity Research Laboratories
- Central Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Ltd.
- Central Electrification and Traffic Control
- Central Electro Chemical Research Institute
- central electrode
- Central Electromagnetic Data Library
- Central Electronic Complex
- Central Electronic Module
- Central Electronics Assembly
- Central Electronics Centre
- Central Electronics Unit
- Central element
- Central Emergency Planning Unit
- Central Emergency Relief Organization
- Central Emergency Relief Training Institute
- Central Emergency Response Fund
- Central Emergency Revolving Fund
- Central Employment Brokerage Association
- Central Energy Italian Gas Holding
- Central Energy Plant
- Central Engine Overhaul
- Central Engineer Park
- Central Engineering
- Central Engineering Activity
- Central Engineering Agency
- Central Engineering Consultancy Bureau
- Central Engineering Maintenance
- Central Engineering Team
- Central England