References in classic literature ?
O Myriads of immortal Spirits, O Powers Matchless, but with th' Almighty, and that strife Was not inglorious, though th' event was dire, As this place testifies, and this dire change Hateful to utter: but what power of mind Foreseeing or presaging, from the Depth Of knowledge past or present, could have fear'd, How such united force of Gods, how such As stood like these, could ever know repulse?
2) Oh, as thou lov'st this city best of all, To thee, and to thy Mother levin-stricken, In our dire need we call; Thou see'st with what a plague our townsfolk sicken.
Trent, who had seen men before in dire straits, fed him from a spoon and forced brandy between his lips.
The house itself is in tolerably good condition, though badly weather-stained and in dire need of attention from the glazier, the smaller male population of the region having attested in the manner of its kind its disapproval of dwelling without dwellers.
As soon as these dire magicians and tyrant-makers find that they are losing their hold on him, they contrive to implant in him a master passion, to be lord over his idle and spendthrift lusts--a sort of monstrous winged drone-- that is the only image which will adequately describe him.
The problem with voir dire as currently practiced, however, is that courts rarely understand the psychological underpinnings of self-disclosure interviews and why attorney participation is so critical to effective voir dire.
In Illinois, Supreme Court Rule 234 provides that the trial court "shall" allow each counsel to supplement the trial court's voir dire with direct inquiry of the venire.
One of the most frequently cited reasons for limiting attorney voir dire is belief that it unduly prolongs the trial process.
Most attorneys agree that the primary goal of voir dire is to explore jurors' experiences and attitudes to reveal potential bias.
Attorneys who are convinced that educating jurors about the case is the most important feature of voir dire often refer to the early University of Chicago jury studies conducted by Harry Kalven, Jr., and Hans Zeisel.(2)
Some attorneys have translated this supposed finding to mean that if opening statements are so decisive, then it is better to double the effect by making their voir dire into an additional opening.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Direktori Usahawan Malaysia Edisi Internet
- Diretoria de Abastecimento da Marinha
- Diretoria de Ação Cultural
- Diretoria de Assuntos Fundiários
- Diretoria de Desenvolvimento Social
- Diretoria de Ensino Especial
- Diretoria de Marcas
- Diretoria de Patentes
- Diretoria de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação
- Diretoria de Recursos Humanos
- Diretoria de Tecnologia
- Diretoria de Tecnologias Aplicadas à Educação
- Diretorio Academico
- Diretório Acadêmico Alfredo Balena
- Diretório Acadêmico Getulio Vargas
- Diretorio Central Dos Estudantes
- Direttore Servizi Generali Amministrativi
- Direttore Tecnico Regionale Aerobica
- Direzione Centrale per i Servizi Antidroga
- Direzione del Diritto Internazionale Pubblico
- Direzione Distrettuale Antimafia
- Direzione Generale Affari Economici
- Direzione Generale Affari Politici
- Direzione Generale dell'Energia e delle Risorse Minerarie
- Direzione Generale Integrazione Europea
- Direzione Investigativa Antimafia