References in classic literature ?
You know my old aunt, Miss East. She lives somewhere down your way in Berkshire.
The country along this branch of the Spanish River, as far as they could see, was perfectly level, bounded by ranges of lofty mountains, both to the east and west.
As a ruler, the East Wind has a remarkable stability; as an invader of the high latitudes lying under the tumultuous sway of his great brother, the Wind of the West, he is extremely difficult to dislodge, by the reason of his cold craftiness and profound duplicity.
Heading East at this hour in the morning, and the sun astern?
We are so grateful to you for having killed the Wicked Witch of the East, and for setting our people free from bondage."
Aaanthor lies in fifty south latitude, and forty east of Horz, the deserted seat of ancient Barsoomian culture and learning, while Dusar lies fifteen degrees north of the equator and twenty degrees east from Horz.
At the time that the projectile was as high as the tenth parallel, north latitude, it seemed rigidly to follow the twentieth degree, east longitude.
The movement of peoples from west to east was to be succeeded by a movement of peoples from east to west, and for this fresh war another leader was necessary, having qualities and views differing from Kutuzov's and animated by different motives.
But repeating his visits often, expressing his joy to find I me in good health, asking, "whether I were now settled for life?" adding, "that he intended a voyage to the East Indies in two months," at last he plainly invited me, though with some apologies, to be surgeon of the ship; "that I should have another surgeon under me, beside our two mates; that my salary should be double to the usual pay; and that having experienced my knowledge in sea-affairs to be at least equal to his, he would enter into any engagement to follow my advice, as much as if I had shared in the command."
The celebrated East India Company was all-powerful from 1756, when the English first gained a foothold on the spot where now stands the city of Madras, down to the time of the great Sepoy insurrection.
She sat drinking up the wealth of a continent as Rome once drank the wealth of the Mediterranean and Babylon the wealth of the east. In her streets one found the extremes of magnificence and misery, of civilisation and disorder.
Thus caparisoned the good man walked out of the well-lighted rooms into East Street.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Easton Area High School
- Easton Area Industrial Land Development Company
- Easton Area Joint Sewer Authority
- Easton Area Public Library
- Easton Area School District
- Easton Business Management Association
- Easton Christian Family Centre
- Easton Country Day School
- Easton Democratic Town Committee
- Easton Fish and Game Association
- Easton High School
- Easton Hunt Capital Partners
- Easton Judo Club
- Easton Multi-Agency Project
- Easton Municipal Band
- Easton Youth Soccer League
- Eastpac Fleet Facsimile Broadcast
- Eastpoint Volunteer Fire Department
- Eastpointe, Michigan
- Eastport Peninsula Lobster Protection Committee
- Eastport-South Manor
- Eastshore State Park
- Eastside (disambiguation)
- Eastside Association of Fine Arts
- Eastside Audubon Society
- Eastside Catholic High School
- Eastside Citizens for Responsible Development
- Eastside College Prep High School
- Eastside Domestic Violence Program
- Eastside Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Eastside Fire Rescue
- Eastside Firefighters Pipes and Drums
- Eastside German Language School
- Eastside Heritage Center
- Eastside Hockey Manager
- Eastside Hockey Manager Liga
- Eastside Homeboyz
- Eastside Human Services Forum
- Eastside Interfaith Social Concerns Council
- Eastside Jewish Community of Portland
- Eastside Latino Leadership Forum
- Eastside Movement for Business and Economic Renewal Society
- Eastside Multichannel Tactical Scratch Communications
- Eastside Neighbors Volunteer Program
- Eastside Online Hockey League
- Eastside Precision Drill Team
- Eastside Public Safety Communications Agency
- Eastside Riparian Functions Advisory Committee
- Eastside Specialty Center