References in classic literature ?
'Not wretch enough yet!' said the sparrow, as she alighted upon the head of one of the horses, and pecked at him till he reared up and kicked.
"What, does he work you too hard?" "Yes, sir." "Well, don't he give you enough to eat?" "Yes, sir, he gives me enough, such as it is."
I had just work enough to do, in mounting my employer's drawings, to keep my hands and eyes pleasurably employed, while my mind was left free to enjoy the dangerous luxury of its own unbridled thoughts.
And at last, sure enough, all the circus men could do, the horse broke loose, and away he went like the very nation, round and round the ring, with that sot laying down on him and hanging to his neck, with first one leg hanging most to the ground on one side, and then t'other one on t'other side, and the people just crazy.
If you remember that obligation, naturally and without effort, as if it were an instinctive feeling of your inner life, she will sail, stay, run for you as long as she is able, or, like a sea-bird going to rest upon the angry waves, she will lay out the heaviest gale that ever made you doubt living long enough to see another sunrise.
"Enough, in this case, for the widow and her daughter," Moody answered.
In trying (clumsily enough) to help her with the pillows, I accidentally touched her hand.
You'll find it rough enough at my place; all my retainers are out for the day at a local show."
As soon as we were all well awake we began to discuss the situation, which was serious enough. Not a drop of water was left.
Overcoming a strong repugnance, I tore open his shirt at the neck, and there, sure enough, hanging to a bit of tarry string, which I cut with his own gully, we found the key.
Can it be supposed that there would not be found one man, discerning enough to detect so atrocious a conspiracy, or bold or honest enough to apprise his constituents of their danger?
The king bounded forward to be nearer to the person who was about to enter, but, suddenly reflecting that it was a movement unworthy of a sovereign, he paused, assumed a noble and calm expression, which for him was easy enough, and waited with his back turned towards the window, in order, to some extent, to conceal his agitation from the eyes of the person who was about to enter.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Enosburg Falls High School
- Enosburg Falls Middle and High School
- Enoshima Junior Yacht Club
- Enoshima Yacht Club
- Enosi Kyprion Ellados
- Enosi Polyteknon Athinon
- Enosis Kentrou
- Enosys XML
- Enotna Metodologija Razvoja Informacijskih Sistemov
- enough (something) to choke Caligula's horse
- enough (something) to cobble dogs with
- enough (something) to sink a (battle)ship
- enough already
- Enough already!
- enough and some to spare
- enough foolishness
- Enough is as good as a feast
- enough is enough
- enough is enough
- Enough Let's Move On
- enough of this foolishness
- Enough of This Nonsense
- enough room to swing a cat
- Enough Rope
- enough rope to hang oneself
- enough rope, give someone
- enough rope, to give (someone)
- Enough said
- Enough said
- enough said!
- enough something to cobble dogs with
- enough to be going on with
- enough to choke a horse
- enough to choke Caligula's horse
- enough to choke Caligula’s horse
- enough to cobble dogs with
- enough to keep body and soul together
- enough to make a cat laugh
- enough to make the angels weep