References in classic literature ?
Besides the service and society, Vronsky had another great interest--horses; he was passionately fond of horses.
"She'd ne'er go away, I know, if Adam 'ud be fond on her an' marry her, but everything's so contrairy," said Lisbeth, with a burst of vexation.
I must own that we found it far prettier than anything we had known in Southern Ohio, which we were so fond of and so loath to leave, and as I look back it still seems to me one of the prettiest little places I have ever known, with its white wooden houses, glimmering in the dark of its elms and maples, and their silent gardens beside each, and the silent, grass- bordered, sandy streets between them.
"If I were her ghost--my father would be fond of me."
"I believe he's quite fond of you, Philip," smiled Mildred.
Allen, who owned the chief of the property about Fullerton, the village in Wiltshire where the Morlands lived, was ordered to Bath for the benefit of a gouty constitution -- and his lady, a good-humoured woman, fond of Miss Morland, and probably aware that if adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad, invited her to go with them.
Sophia hath already produced him two fine children, a boy and a girl, of whom the old gentleman is so fond, that he spends much of his time in the nursery, where he declares the tattling of his little grand-daughter, who is above a year and a half old, is sweeter music than the finest cry of dogs in England.
"Dear me, Dorothea, I suppose it would be right for you to be fond of a man whom you accepted for a husband."
If, in paying me this little attention, you only encouraged me by one fond word or one fond look, I resolved not to take the second dose of poison.
A SWALLOW, returning from abroad and especially fond of dwelling with men, built herself a nest in the wall of a Court of Justice and there hatched seven young birds.
'He's grown too fond of money for that,' said Wegg; 'he's grown too fond of money.' The burden fell into a strain or tune as he stumped along the pavements.
"Flesh and blood and temper," he said; "he's too fond of his own will, and that won't suit me." He spoke as if he was in a strong passion.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Foncia Transaction Location
- Foncier Commercial Développement Jardin
- Foncier Conseil Immobilier
- Foncière Construction Travaux Rénovations
- Foncière des Champs Élysées Gestion
- Foncière des Murs
- Foncière des Régions
- Foncière Immobilière Bernard Porteres
- Foncière Paris France
- Fonction de Transfert de Modulation
- Fonction de Transfert en Boucle Fermée
- Fonction de Transfert en Boucle Ouverte
- Fonction Publique d'État
- Fonction Publique de l'Ontario
- Fonction Publique Hospitalière
- Fonction Publique Territoriale
- Fonctional Training Boot Camp
- Fonctionnaire de Sécurité de Défense
- Fonctionnaire de Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information
- Fonctionnalité de Tests en Ligne
- Fonctionnement de la Négociation Collective des Instances Paritaires
- Fonctionnement des Écosystèmes Marins Exploités
- Fonctionnement des Systèmes Naturels et Perturbés
- Fonctionnement et Dysfonctionnement des Écosystèmes Aquatiques
- Fonctions d'Urgence en Mer
- Fonctions et Dispositifs pour les Réseaux Optiques
- Fonctions et Dysfonctions Épithéliales
- Fond Commun Placement Innovation
- Fond d'Aide Rapide
- Fond de Co-Investissement Direct
- Fond de Solidarité de la Fédération des Travailleurs du Québec
- Fond Départemental de Compensation
- Fond du Lac
- Fond du Lac
- Fond du Lac Area Transit
- Fond du Lac County
- Fond du Lac County, WI
- Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
- Fond Du Lac Public Library
- Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College
- Fond du Lac Tribal Community College
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Fond Funéraire Belgo Guinéen
- Fond Narodniho Majetku
- Fond National Juif
- Fond Obshchestvennoye Mnenie
- fond of
- fond of
- fond of (someone or something)
- fond of a drop
- fond of her
- fond of him
- fond of it
- fond of me
- fond of one
- fond of somebody
- fond of someone