References in classic literature ?
"Because the forest is worth at least a hundred and fifty roubles the acre," answered Levin.
We found the Black Forest farmhouses and villages all that the Black Forest stories have pictured them.
I have already said that the sight of the forest did not surprise me at all; and therefore I listened for the two of us to what was happening next door.
When they had reached the middle of the forest, the father said: 'Now, children, pile up some wood, and I will light a fire that you may not be cold.' Hansel and Gretel gathered brushwood together, as high as a little hill.
The day was beautiful, and the number of trees which were in full flower perfumed the air; yet even this could hardly dissipate the effects of the gloomy dampness of the forest. Moreover, the many dead trunks that stand like skeletons, never fail to give to these primeval woods a character of solemnity, absent in those of countries long civilized.
The old white snails were the first persons of distinction in the world, that they knew; the forest was planted for their sake, and the manor-house was there that they might be boiled and laid on a silver dish.
His judgment told him that the death of a single bird in this forest which teemed with birds could scarce be of sufficient moment to warrant that which followed.
And then, from not far away in the forest, came a "Goek!
The Charter of the Forest designed to lessen those evils, declares that inquisition, or view, for lawing dogs, shall be made every third year, and shall be then done by the view and testimony of lawful men, not otherwise; and they whose dogs shall be then found unlawed, shall give three shillings for mercy, and for the future no man's ox shall be taken for lawing.
As he passed through the forest Prince Andrew turned several times to look at that oak, as if expecting something from it.
Scarcely had I disentangled him than he raised his head high in air and commenced circling about at the edge of the forest. Presently he halted, and, turning to see if I were following, set off straight into the maze of trees in the direction we had been going before Thurid's shot had put an end to our flier.
"How he haunts this forest, and carries a book with him a big, heavy book, with iron clasps; and how this ugly Black Man offers his book and an iron pen to everybody that meets him here among the trees; and they are to write their names with their own blood; and then he sets his mark on their bosoms.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- foreskin of penis
- Foreskin restoration
- Foreskin restoration
- Foreskins on Toast
- Foresnic dentistry
- Forest & Forest Products Employment Skills Company
- Forest & Trees
- Forest Action Network
- Forest Alliance of British Columbia
- Forest and Biodiversity Conservation Alliance
- Forest and Fishery Products Division
- Forest and forestry
- Forest and Natural Resources Management
- Forest and Nature Conservation Policy Group
- Forest and Other Wooded Land
- Forest and Range Evaluation Program
- Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
- Forest and Rangeland Research
- Forest and Rangeland Resources Assessment Program
- Forest and Rural Fire Act 1977 Offences
- Forest and Rural Fire Association of New Zealand
- Forest and Rural Fires Act
- Forest and Trees
- Forest and Watershed Geology Program
- Forest and Watershed Health Plan
- Forest and Wildlife Ecology
- Forest and Wildlife Research Center
- Forest and Wood Products Research and Development Corporation
- Forest Atmosphere Carbon Transfer and Storage
- Forest Available for Wood Supply
- Forest Based Enterprise
- Forest Based Industry
- Forest Based Small-Scale Enterprises
- Forest Beat/Desert Jazz
- Forest Biodiversity Expanded Programme of Work