GICS


Also found in: Financial.
AcronymDefinition
GICSGerman Internet Chess Server
GICSGlobal Industry Classification Standards
GICSGovernment Information and Communication Service (UK)
GICSGrant Information and Control System
GICSGranville Island Cultural Society (est. 2001; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
GICSGreen Isle Community School (Green Isle, MN)
References in periodicals archive ?
2001, concludes that synthetic GICs meet Statement 133's definition of a derivative instrument from the perspective of the issuer.
"We regard risk management to be critical to GICs" and want to prevent any company from facing the same situation as General American and its customers, Cashin said.
Finally, the structure of the managed portfolio for the stable value fund is a unique combination of 40% of the money invested in a federal income fund at market value and the remaining 60% wrapped into a blend of GICs and synthetic GICs.
Most companies offering 401(k) plans allow employees to invest pretax dollars into bonds, GICs, stocks, mutual funds or insurance certificates.
The IRS letter did not consider the tax treatment of a subsequent distribution of amounts from frozen GICs. In two private letter rulings, the IRS followed its informal advice and in one of those rulings also addressed the tax treatment of the subsequent distribution from the frozen GIC account, holding that it also will be treated as a distribution of the "balance to the credit" for purposes of Sec.
GICs are insured group annuity contracts issued by about 100 U.S.
In this review studies on glass-ionomer cements (GIC), resin-modified glass-ionomer cements (RM-GIC) and compomers or polyacid-modified resin composites (PAM-C) were assessed as these are currently used in paediatric dentistry.
Most of the GICs required that cash payments be made to investors within seven days.
But ERISA's prohibited-transactions rules can pose more difficult conflicts for synthetic GICs. Some prohibited transactions could go uncovered for some time because of the many relationships and roles providers play.
With the credit risks now apparent in traditional GIC products, some plan sponsors have decided to stop using GICs and their attendant book value accounting.
GIC, a sovereign wealth fund in Singapore, has accomplished the signing of an agreement worth $1.23 billion with Fortis, an electric and gas utility of North America, for the acquisition of a 19.9% stake in the independent transmission utility company ITC.
To put the question in perspective, GICs alone represent an asset class of between $150 and $200 billion.