GIPF

(redirected from Government Institutions Pension Fund)
AcronymDefinition
GIPFGovernment Institutions Pension Fund (Namibia)
GIPFGhana Institute of Professional Foresters
References in periodicals archive ?
Government Institutions Pension Fund (GIPF) said, the announcement of lost money made by Prosecutor General (PG) Martha Imalwa will not in any manner, adversely affect the Fund's Investment and Operational philosophy.
Government will be required to start giving answers to the missing millions at the Government Institutions Pension Fund (N$650m), Social Security Commission (N$30m), and the Offshore Development Company (N$100m).
Namibia's Government Institutions Pension Fund, which manages pensions worth $6bn, has commitments in South Africa worth 27% and has invested 8% in the rest of Africa.
Then you ask yourself, are these companies not managed by Namibians, is one of these companies not listed on the stock exchange with a significant shareholding held by the Government Institutions Pension Fund which in turn would manage his pension, he is after all a civil servant even before he is a minister and politician.
The $6bn Namibian Government Institutions Pension Fund has an allocation of around 25% to South Africa, and a further 8% to the rest of the continent.
The Government Institutions Pension Fund (GIPF) wishes to congratulate Mr Mihe Gaomab II on his election as the new Chairman of the GIPF Board of Trustees on 02 September 2014.
He also serves as director and treasurer of the Namibian Red Cross Society and chairman of the audit committee of the Namibian Government Institutions Pension Fund. He is a member of the finance commission of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The Government Institutions Pension Fund's last actuarial valuation dated 31 March 2013 revealed that the Fund remained fully funded with over 103.6% ratio of assets to liabilities.
The company is a joint venture between a consortium of 15 Namibian businesses which have taken an 80% stake in the enterprise, along with the Government Institutions Pension Fund which holds the remaining 20%.
Full browser ?